Kwa mp7 vs kwa mp9

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Ninja28, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    I need help help deciding between these two guns. I read many reviews on each but I would like to know from people who own both or who have shot both. Which one will you choose and why? I will be using it for cqb.

2. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    MP9 > MP7

-MP9 is shorter
    -Lighter at almost 1 pound
    -Magazines are cheaper
    -Sounds better
    -Cheaper at almost a cost of a magazine
    -Magazines are not curved
    -50rd instead of MP7's 40rds
    -Better gas consumption

MP7 > MP9

-Easier hop-up adjustment
    -Trademarks
    -Longer barrel
    -Better stock sights
    -You don't have gas shooting into your eye like the MP9

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  3. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    I'm guessing you own both or have used both?

4. Steeljaw36

Steeljaw36 Member

Millsboro
    Add the MP7 wins over the MP9 in holster options, i've yet to find an MP9 holster....
    I've owned and used both. The MP7 I bought new nearly 4 years ago now, still have it. The MP9 I owned maybe 6 months before selling it. They're both fun, but I prefer the MP7, as it's a lot more versitile.
    For CQB they both fire a bit hot, best bet is install a low power bolt in whicever one you go for.

5. Blizzard0201

Blizzard0201 New Member

Hey everyone, I'm getting a new gun and I can't decide between getting a Kwa mp7 or Kwa mp9. I need to know which one is better and which can help me more when I am rushing or flanking. I like to run around a lot and also, I love to be behind the enemy so please let me know which gun you would choose. I'm leaning towards the Kwa mp9. I also want to get answers from people that own one of the guns or even both of the guns.

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

I'd say the MP7, but that's from an H&K fanboy.....
    You really should just get the new TM MP7A1 GBB.

7. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    I own both. Get the MP9.

It's cheaper, light, and holds 10 more rounds compared to the MP7. Mags are cheaper and doesn't have that annoying curve.

The foregrip and stock on the MP7 wobbles, you don't get that with an mp9.

The gas efficiency is better with the MP9 but it doesnt really matter as both guns can fire off 2+ mags per gas fill.

8. npav85

npav85 New Member

I like the mp7 more. The gun looks sick with a trademarked hk silencer. It shoots alittle high but you can buy a low powered bolt. If your interested I could sell you a brand new mp7 I was planning to use at a zombie event but I had some issues and could go. I bought it about two weeks ago and spent over 320$ for the gun, extra mag, and sling adapter+shipping. I'm in need of money to pay off some dept. I can do 300$ shipped.

9. Blizzard0201

Blizzard0201 New Member

Hey every one I have decided on getting a Kwa kmp9 instead of a Kwa mp7 . I will be getting it with a suppressor that does not need an adapter and also a red dot.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COLOR I SHOULD GET.

10. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    Black looks exceptionally boring, I have one in ranger grey and one in tan. I personally like the ranger grey one better.

A suppressor and red dot are pretty useless in my opinion. You'll be better off buying more magazines.

11. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    I have the MP7 and love it.... but my son has the MP9 and he loves it... he has the tan and it looks cool....

Sophomore is correct, the suppressor takes away from the compactness of the weapon and you won't us the red dot much indoors... my suggestion is get a LASER....... you will be able to acquire your target much quicker

12. blackoutarmory

blackoutarmory Member

Orange
    I prefer my mp7 over the mp9

13. Blizzard0201

Blizzard0201 New Member

Hey every one I just wanted to let y'all know that I ordered the the mp7 at the last minute because it is more of a primary. I also ordered a madbull black side suppressor with it and 3 mags.
    Please give me any tips about this gun and any good or bad experiences with this gun because I would be more than happy to here it think you.

I am excited to be using this.

I ordered it all off evike.

Any1 that finds the mp9 to be better please let me know and give me good reasons because I have a month to trade my mp7 for another gun. Again, my playing style is rushing, running, flanking and I love to be in enemy lines so tell what gun will help me more.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  14. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    I don't think the suppresser will fit without a 12mm to 14mm adapter.

15. Blizzard0201

Blizzard0201 New Member

Oh at an any1 tht think the mp9 is better than the mp7 tell me why and give me reasons because I have a month to decide if I want to trade my mp7 for the mp9. I love to run, flank,rush,and be behind enemy lines. I play woodland and cqb so keep letting me know what one is cooler in person and more reliable.

Guys keep letting me know if u like the mp9 or the mp7 and tell me why. I

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  16. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    What do you mean it's more of a primary?

MP9 > MP7 because the stock and foregrip on the MP7 wobbles. The bolt release and selector switch is not one piece and will get loose.

MP9 does not have any of these issues.

Read my other post for more reasons. I own both the MP7 and MP9.

17. Blizzard0201

Blizzard0201 New Member

What I mean is that it's bigger, more accurate and used more as a primary than a secondary. The mp7 is a primary while the mp9 can be used as a primary but it is mainly used as a secondary. Because of this I bought the mp7 and she has been working amazingly for me. I LOVE IT.

One more thing, on every review I have seen on the mp9, the person has said that it has been having problems. I have heard of the mp9 jamming a lot and the mag does not feed sometimes, and I have heard little problems with the mp7. Therefore, I feel that the mp7 is more reliable.
    In the end they are both very good guns and some people like the mp9 and others like the mp7. I love my mp7.

18. Blizzard0201

Blizzard0201 New Member

I dust get the suppressor, I was goin to.