KWA NS2 system in cold weather

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by fradd, Oct 19, 2012.

1. fradd

fradd New Member

(NOT NECESSARY TO READ...SKIP TO SECTION BELOW)
    First, before you guys all yell at me for not using the search function, I used Google, and I used the Airsoft Society search function to search for "cold weather", because "kwa ns2" is "too short". Lol, what a fail.

So, I am still searching for a gas blowback pistol to use. I live in Colorado, so it has to be good in cold weather, which means it needs to be CO2, or...

I have heard that the KWA NS2 gas system works good in cold weather. I've heard that it's better and worse than CO2 for cold weather. I don't know what to believe about these mixed reviews though, so I'm asking you guys.

How many shots can a KWA NS2 pistol pull off in 50 degree or lower temperatures?

By the way, I'm mainly looking at the KWA M93R II or USP Tactical.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

I've got the KWA M93r II, the NS2 is very efficient. I usually get like maybe 3 or 4 less than I do in regular weather. It really helps. If you want to get either of those two, get the M93r.

3. fradd

fradd New Member

Any reason to get the M93R over the USP Tact.?
    Also do you know why some people say not to use propane in KWAs?
    Oh and could I use a CO2 M9 mag in the KWA M93R even if the CO2 mag isn't KWA brand?
    Ahh so many questions...also, does a green gas/propane gun get lower FPS as the amount of gas goes down.

4. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

3 round burst (full auto but only use within medium range), MUCH bigger mags, crisper blowback. Overall it's a very nice gun. And I think it might but to much pressure on the gas valve, not to sure though.

5. fradd

fradd New Member

I doubt I'll do fully automatic most of the time. That's what my AEG is for.

Another question: People say the M93R is not for people with small hands. My hands are relatively small, like my middle finger's length is an inch shorter than the length of my palm. They just look short. So I think only my fingers are short compared to my palms.

6. Coxinabox

Coxinabox New Member

Ns2 does ok in cold weather. You'll notice a higher consumption rate and lower fps numbers.

Regarding a gun, I would say that most kwa gas guns will perform the same. They all have the same basic innards and barrel lengths. Get out and fondle some at your local stores. Walk in stores not available? If you are of age, hit up kwas website and figure out what all they offer that you are interested in and got to a real steel shop and handle the real versions. Weight and trigger pull may be marginally off but sizing and ergonomics will be dead nuts.

Some won't be available, ie the 93r. But it's a fat gripped, long trigger guard 92fs. Glock ful frames are all the same feeling. The offbeat types like the tokarev will be über hard to find a RS version of.

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Being a Florida, I can tell you on hot days gas pistols are great. The few weeks out of the year the temperature drops to 40 degrees I get a few shots out my pistols. And even then the shots are subpar. After about 3-5 shots the gun stops fully cycling.

CO2 will perform better than green gas pistols, but again it's not a huge jump.

Regardless you risk damaging O-rings and other internals in the cold.

Typically when winter comes or the few times I play in the northern states, I leave the gas guns home and either use my electric pistols or submachine AEG gun as a secondary.