Kwa or What?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Play_Hard, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Play_Hard

Play_Hard New Member

What is KWA the best or is thier something better

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

What? We have over 9000 threads that talk about KWA. A very simple google search would have helped you, where's marine when you need him... :p

http://www.google.com/

I, personally, don't really care for them; but I'm more of an upgrader than anything else.

3. Play_Hard

Play_Hard New Member

Ok thanks i dont upgrade much but i did build a gun from scrach once

4. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Obviously not, as you know nothing about AEGs.

KWA is a decent brand more so for their GBBs than their AEGs. G&P, VFC, Classic Army, and others are better choice for the money (IMO). If you give us a price range and specific model you are looking at, we can help you further.

5. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    There are many, many threads expounding on the virtues and vices of KWA AEG's. Some people on this forum like them. Others hate them. In my opinion, KWA is a good gun - especially if you do not intend to work on/upgrade it. Many techs don't like them because not all aftermarket parts will work well in KWA's without some modification. However, I have found that the parts you are likely to upgrade (gears, piston, spring, motor and piston head) are not proprietary and can be easily replaced. Parts from Guarder and SHS work well in KWA guns. KWA gearboxes are more "beefy" that some other brands. They tend to hold up well over time. In my personal experience, I have gone about a year with one KWA gun (stock) without any significant failure. I only had to re-attach a motor contact that came loose during a game. That's all.

If you are looking to go with lipo batteries, be aware that KWA (irrespective of their advertising claims) cannot handle a 11.1v lipo in stock form. You will likely need to replace the piston and motor to adequately handle that battery. You can get away with using a 7.4 lipo but I would still install a MOSFET to protect your trigger contacts. Other brands also have weak points when it comes to handling lipo batteries. I know for a fact that G&P guns tend to strip their pistons with lipo batteries. VFC (and I love VFCs) has a problem with self-shimming gear failures at high rates of fire. Bottom line is that all brands have their pros and cons. Just do your research before you make a final decision so that you do not have buyers remorse after you've bought something.

That being said, my top three gun brands are VFC, G&P and KWA. I know several guys like ICS and CA. I've heard good things about them too. I just don't have any personal experience with them. KWA and VFC guns tend to be in the $300+ range. I know some of the more desirable G&P guns are also close to that range. If you have a price range for what you want to spend, that would help to narrow down your options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.