KWA RONIN 6 V. KRYTAC ALPHA CRB- WHICH GUN SHOULD I GET

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by C.J. Wiggins, Jun 26, 2019.

1. C.J. Wiggins

C.J. Wiggins New Member

Yuma
    I am deciding between these two AEG’s
    Which gun would be the best in terms or out of the box performance, parts availability/ upgrading and long term use
    I know the Krytac CRB is cheaper by about 50 bucks but is lower FPS however is very sturdy and reliant
    The KWA RONIN 6 has the FPS adjustability and is a little smaller for cqb but I have heard KWA is harder to upgrade but some say it’s a myth
    However I’m unsure as what to pick as I’m fairly new to AEGs, also if you have other guns to recommend to me let me know

https://www.evike.com/products/77579/
    https://www.evike.com/products/63113/

2. fred_ditto

fred_ditto Well-Known Member

Des Moines
    Anything LCT, as well as the VFC Avalon. If you want to go the gas route, VFC has some great options like their MP7 and UMP.

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Both models are not as mainstream for parts as other mass market models.

It comes down to really what looks good to you and you will just have to deal with a broken part when it comes up.

4. Hyperslow556

Hyperslow556 Active Member

PDX
    I bought a Ronin6 and before it could malfunction for whatever reason, I sent it to Tacticalpartsdotcom for a rebuild. Now it's a speedsoft gun with EMD and 30rnd mags only. It's only 18:1 driven by an ASG 22k. Just go listen and look at chrono in pic.

When I found out about Empty Mag Detection and bought the Ronin, I came to realize that I'd never buy another AEG without EMD.

However, the new RoninT6 has had the EMD removed in order to support a Titan or Spectre control board.

My Ronin6, before and after upgrades, @ Instagram

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  5. OrangeTJ

OrangeTJ Member

Sacramento
    I have a Ronin 6 and really like it. I can't compare it to the others, but it has been 100% reliable and performs well. The KWA mid-cap mags have been flawless as well. I have probably 10,000 rounds through it.

6. TheSkeetFisher

TheSkeetFisher New Member

Niceville
    most KWAs are upgradable but most people just recommend upgrading the bucking right away and just run it stock until it breaks. For more information about the KWA I would go join a Facebook group.

7. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Sadly, those in the facebook group has little experience with the product they use.

8. C.J. Wiggins

C.J. Wiggins New Member

Yuma
    After visiting an airsoft store while out of town I was able to feel both guns and hold them physically. I did not expect how small the krytac pdw was going to be. It’s a little too small for me especially the hand guard and the stock doesn’t extend out far enough for me(I am 6 foot but my arms are pretty long). But I could always buy a grip for it. The ronin is a little bigger and has a lot more space on the hand guard and the stock extends out much more. Both guns feel VERY sturdy so, that being said I think I am going to get the ronin 6.

Also can the ronin run an 11.1 lipo stock, and what’s its rate of fire

9. C.J. Wiggins

C.J. Wiggins New Member

Yuma
    Sorry I forgot to mention to y’all that I wanted to get the KRYTAC PDW rather than the Alpha crb

10. fred_ditto

fred_ditto Well-Known Member

Des Moines
    I'd personally go for a VFC HK416 or Avalon.