KWA Running on a 7.4 lipo or a 11.1 Lipo

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by GOOSE_MAN, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOOSE_MAN

GOOSE_MAN New Member

Gainesville
    What would you guys recommend i use on a KWA KM4A1 a 7.4 lipo battery or a 11.1 lipo battery.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Depends on if you want to risk it on a 11.1. Is the gun the CQR or the regular series? I would recommend a 7.4 25c for a CQR and a 11.1 20c for a regular series. This is the max I would do. If it was me and let's say you have a regular KWA I would use a 7.4 30c lipo and not go over that to save the life of my piston and gears. For me its not worth the extra ROF.

3. Duke

Duke New Member

Unless your gun is wired with a MOSFET, use the 7.4v, if you install a MOSFET, then you can run a 11.1v battery safely.

4. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    7.4v 30c=9.6v
    7.4v 20c=8.4v
    The c is the discharge rate. It tells you how strong the battery is. A 40c will be substantially faster ROF than the 20c. Get a balance charger, mosfet and lipo sack. I haven't picked up a lipo yet but I've researched them. Buy off www.Hobbyking.com, use their US WAREHOUSE so you get very inexpensive shipping. Mosfets can be made by you or bought online. We have a guide on here to make one. Some users on here also sell some. KWA is reliable enough to use your choice of battery.

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What you say is barely a half truth. A 10C 5000mAh battery will put out 50A, while a 30C 1000mAh battery will only put out 30A. A 7,4v li-po won't necessarily give the same ROF as a 9,6v ni-mh. A 20C 1000mAh 7,4v li-po will give a significantly lower ROF than a 3000+mAh 9,6v ni-mh battery. Electricity works the same way no matter what the source is.

The reason people often see an increase in ROF when switching from a 9,6v ni-mh to a 7,4v li-po is because they have been using a low quality <1600mAh 9,6v ni-mh and then get a high discharge 7,4v li-po. The high discharge 7,4v li-po will then have less voltage sag than the 9,6v li-po, resulting in a higher effective voltage delivered to the motor.

Back on topic: If you want uber ROF, get a high discharge 11,1v li-po, if you want your bone stock KWA AEG to actually last, get a 7,4v li-po.

6. GOOSE_MAN

GOOSE_MAN New Member

Gainesville
    so i have a KWA KM4A1 if i want a high ROF i would get like a 11.1 1,800 or 2,000 lipo with a high discharge of like 20c or 25c it would give me a high rate of fire.

And also would a 11.1 would it wear down the gears in my KWA it and how long would my KWA last.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  7. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    Yes, if you want a high rate of fire get a 11.1v LiPo with at least 20c discharge rate and 1600mah+, however this will wear down your internals significantly faster than a 7.4v LiPo with a 25c discharge rate and 2200mah

8. GOOSE_MAN

GOOSE_MAN New Member

Gainesville
    Will the 11.1 lipo 1,800 20c or 25c battery last me 8 hours of game play.

9. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    Depends how much you shoot, probably not the whole 8 hours.

10. GOOSE_MAN

GOOSE_MAN New Member

Gainesville
    I want to get a 11.1 lipo battery 2,000mah 20c of 25c battery to fit either a peq-15 box or a battery.

11. GOOSE_MAN

GOOSE_MAN New Member

Gainesville
    but what if my gun info says 15c

12. GOOSE_MAN

GOOSE_MAN New Member

Gainesville
  13. GOOSE_MAN

GOOSE_MAN New Member

Gainesville
    And is Deans better than Mini-Tamiya

14. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    Yes the deans are better

15. GOOSE_MAN

GOOSE_MAN New Member

Gainesville
  16. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That battery should definitely get the job done, but I wouldn't run it with a bone stock gun. It will probably hold up, but you will be running the gun at it's limit, so you risk causing mayhem inside your gearbox. The fact that KWA recommend using an underpowered battery shows how much confidence they have in their design...

17. GOOSE_MAN

GOOSE_MAN New Member

Gainesville
    Thank you please do not respond to this i am closing this thread

Please do no reply to this thread i am closing this thread soon thx

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
  18. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    As per request, this thread is closed

--CLOSED--

Thread Status: