KWA SR-10 Hop Up question

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by howie3601, Aug 23, 2015.

1. howie3601

howie3601 New Member

So I have been having problems with my SR-10 it's shooting of to the left. I did buy it used but it was working fine when I first got it. Then one day it just starting shooting off to the left. So I have bought some new part (Motor, Spring, bucking) Just to replace some parts I already planned on replacing since I will be taking it apart.

Anyway now to the reason I made this "Thread" was because of my hop up unit. I have very little knowledge on how a hop up unit works. So I took it off the barrel and just to see if the nub was working properly I moved to gear on the side to adjust it. I saw it move up. Then I tried to move it down and it did nothing. I tried everything. Then I pressed the nub down with something and it went down after I adjusted the gear all the way back. the I moved the gear the other way and it went back up again. Still had no luck moving it down besides pushing it down again. So I pushed it down again and pushed on the "Hump" I have no idea what it is so it's the thing I am pointing at with both fingers. It pushed the nub back up but I still had no luck with moving it back down with the hop up gears.

Like I said I have no idea how a hop up works. Is it broken or is that the way it is suppose to function? I have no idea.

Another thing that bothered me was that after inspecting the gun nothing seems to be wrong with it. I haven't looked inside the gear box yet but that would have no effect on whether the bb goes straight or not. Am I correct? So I am just confused on what the problem is. The bucking did seem to be wore in a lot. I don't know if this is normal but the bucking looks like it is deformed on the top part of it where the hop up nub meets it.

Sorry if I wasn't very clear. Thank you for reading this and any help would be great. Thanks again and have a great day.

Attached Files:

2. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

IMAGE 5, that doesn't look right, at least in my opinion

3. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Unless the nozzle is damaged, the gearbox should have very little impact on bb trajectory. You are right about the bucking. It looks worn to me. I'd definintely replace it.

When you disassembled the barrel from the hop up unit, did you also pull off the bucking? If so, you may have pulled the nub out of the hop up arm or otherwise mis-aligned it. I would go ahead and disassemble the hop up unit and reassemble it. There is a "C" shaped notch in the bottom of the hop up arm that holds the nub. Right next to it is a "button" shaped bump where you attach the end of the spring. Make sure you have both of those parts in place when you re-assemble the hop up unit. You also want to make sure that the "mound" on the bucking is centered in the top of the hop up unit. If it is canted to the left, your bbs are likely to roll over to the left as well.

4. howie3601

howie3601 New Member

Thank you. I went a head and bought the bucking you suggested. I mean I though the one part sticking out inside the hop up was the hop up nub? idk. I'll try to reassemble the hop up. Is there any videos online that could help me?

5. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    There are plenty of you tube videos out there.