KWA SR12 Feeding issues....PLS help!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Cowboy, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

Upsala MN
    Hey guys, I recently got a KWA sr12....I also have a KWA SR10

Anyway, I noticed I could fire about 5 shots, then acted like it wasnt feeding..wiggled the mag and heard it feed up a little more...and so on.

anyway, figured it was my mag or something....so i put my KWA brand Magazine in it....same thing.... I separated the lower from the upper...and it feeds just fine....so, something must be hanging up in the hopup or something??

I couldnt figure it out, havnt spent much time on it, but figured someone might have some input...it just seems strange that its not feeding into the hopup (from what it sounds like) yet it will feed through the tube going from the magazine lips to the hopup....is my hopup obscuring the bbs from feeding somehow?

any tips would be awesome!

thanks.

2. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

Upsala MN
    Anyone? otherwise Ill have to bring it to a tech (which i dont wanna do) worked on it yesterday...but couldnt figure it out...

3. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    The issue is, it's a KWA.

Contact KWA and have them fix it for free.

4. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Check internally. Is the gearbox functioning properly?
    Nozzle not bobbing up and down?

So shooting some bb's? Then nothing?

Or is it not shooting at all?

5. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

Upsala MN
    its shooting some bb's....in fact at one point I was able to get it to feed 200 rnds...so it seems like the magazine isnt seeted properly....but when i pull the upper from the lower....the bb's come out just fine (so it should be feeding to the hopup consistently)

6. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

Upsala MN
    Also, I didnt buy it "new" so KWA wont just fix it for free will they??

7. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Look into the free fix. But really consider the air nozzle. I had some issues with that a while back. Very fickle.

8. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

Upsala MN
    Alrighty....I got it :)

turned out it must have been something to do with the nozzle...I found nothing wrong with it after opening the GB....cleaned everything up, put it back together, and now it works like a charm :) not sure what was up, but its fixed (at least for now)

9. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    I'd bet it was just readjusting the tappet plate. Maybe.

10. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Have fun adjusting a tappet plate...

11. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    But if. You have it working, don't mess with it. Haha. Ya know. But if it acts up again, take a looksy at the tappet plate. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

12. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

Upsala MN
    Thanks guys I aoretiate the help :)