KWA SR7 Spring Replacement Help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by frankster127, Jan 5, 2013.

1. frankster127

frankster127 New Member

Anchorage
    I'm new to airsoft in general and I want to replace my stock spring from my sr7 to a m140. Is there a video that's out there that shows how to replace the spring from disassembling to assembling the gun back together (only the spring and nothing else). I haven't been lucky to find a video on youtube, or the video completely shows how to break the gun down to the bones and I don't want to do that because I don't have much experience. Also, just to throw it out there I went to my local airsoft shop and they chrono my sr7 (one week old) and it's only shooting around 305 fps! Not even close to the 330-350 that they are advertising, they also shot the sr7 they have displayed and it's the same result. That's the reason I'm upgading my spring to use it on the next game they are having. Thanks!

.20 BB's
    Hop-up OFF
    Field

Attached Files:

2. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Why is the world are you putting a M140 spring in? Lol xD

What fps are you trying to achieve? 400 fps?

I'm guessing these are the new polymer KWA's?

The metal versions advertise 400 fps +. And the chrono around 400-410 off the wall

3. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Try checking your compression. KWA's have a tendency to have dried out piston head O-Rings. Otherwise, if you are shooting for 400 fps, try a Guarder SP110 spring. That should work.

4. frankster127

frankster127 New Member

Anchorage
    I told the airsoft store owner I want my fps to shoot around 400 fps with .25 BB's and he gave me a M140 spring and he also said that it would be okay. (I just swap them out and the motor is HOT! after 300 rounds!) LOL

5. frankster127

frankster127 New Member

Anchorage
    It's the metal ones. That's only the SR10 or SR12 that shoots 400 fps.

6. frankster127

frankster127 New Member

Anchorage
    Okay, thanks for the info. It will help me a lot.

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Ummm what the hell? Lol. That's horrible coming from a airsoft store owner :/

You'd only need a M120-M130 to achieve 400 fps with .25's.
    M120 with perfect compression, or a M130 and leave it lol.

Yes the KWA motors will get hot after a M130 spring.

It sounds like you got set up for failure. Sorry man.

The bearings in the gearbox will fail after a M130 spring. So your gun will not last long on a M140 spring. Just look at what's happening with you motor now...

I would help you personally, but you probably don't live in Hawaii lol

8. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Well I would not go back to that store for tech work. I would also ask for a refund.

9. frankster127

frankster127 New Member

Anchorage
    I just e-mailed him last night and he's saying that a M140 is too much and I might need to downgrade to a M130 (which you point out).

At least now I know! LOL

I guess so..

I actually live in Alaska, far away from Hawaii. It would actually be great if I can play airsoft down there. Hawaii was fun last time I went there.

10. frankster127

frankster127 New Member

Anchorage
    It's the only airsoft store in Anchorage AK, maybe the whole state actually. I really don't have a choice.