KWA vs. G&G vs. G&P vs. ICS

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by kasdanpalin, Jan 14, 2012.

1. kasdanpalin

kasdanpalin New Member

missoula
    Okay guys lets see your opinions on which company is better be sure remember pricing and availability are part of the competition of each brand.

2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    G&G and ICS have the lowest prices on guns but those are sportlines, whereas G&P pretty much beats anything in the same price range.

3. PwnCzar

PwnCzar New Member

Seattle
    If we're talking about companies as a whole, KWA > G&P > ICS > G&G. If we're talking about AEGs, G&P > mehhhh > KWA > G&G > ICS.

Like thatguy said, G&P has the best guns for the price. By far. But KWA as an overall company is excellent.

4. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    If there was a best gun there would only be one brand.

Availability? There's a reason KWAs are so easy to get an G&Ps arent. G&P spends their money on quality, not false advertising. The pros pick up G&Ps when they're available.

G&P for externals (especially heat sink <3333- best stock heat sink)

G&G sportline for nothing, proline for uhh... umm... Well, they're better then KWA.

ICS is slightly proprietary, but their sportlines have the proline internals making them a great beginner buy, and the only respectable sportline in my book.

KWA has bad externals, proprietary and bad internals... The only thing they have going for them is their customer support and gearbox pre-tuning. With that being said, they make a great combat pistol.

Totally agree. The KWAs own ICS sportlines and prolines. They have the sportline level externals and only alot worse internals for only $120-$160 more. Then if you get an ICS proline, the KWAs only cost $40-$80 more, but have worse externals AND internals. It's great to know in a time of so much complexness and never knowing which company you should really get, that KWA AEGs stand out as a really simple answer, that you really can't go right with.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  5. AWP14

AWP14 New Member

Gettysburg
    ICS is really good, and I think they put a lot of effort into gearbox design.

Take for example the ICS l85. Very solid gun, unique gearbox, and a quick change spring. Very nice and makes taking apart the gun a breeze. I can easily install new barrels and bucking in a snap. I own an l85. Very nice gun. I also get about 150ft of accuracy with .36s using only a madbull blue. No other upgrades

Next look at their m4s. They have a removable upper gearbox, so if you need to you can change the upper section of your gearbox (where the piston is). Pretty ingenius I think.

6. vector247

vector247 New Member

Well G&P is the best one out of the group. They are great quality and have great reliability. But as for the others ICS and G&G (proline for both) are almost even for quality and reliability and are for the most part better then KWA. Most parts on KWAs (AEGs)are proprietry and there internals and externals arnt that great but still good. Though they still have great customer service. At sometimes ICS is better then G&G and other times G&G is better then ICS. They both have faults and they both have good things about them.

7. PwnCzar

PwnCzar New Member

Seattle
    What's that smell? Hm... smells like fanboy. I'm seriously just not going to respond to this.

G&P AEGs are unquestionably superior to KWAs. KWA AEGs aren't all that great. But KWA is great at keeping their products in stock, customer service, warranty policy, and building gas guns.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  8. Tdabrow

Tdabrow New Member

Exton
    Did you read his post? It say can't go right with

9. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    =response.

That sir was an example. G&G is also better then KWA. That's like saying someone who won't buy anything -even toilet paper- that's not apple, and saying the guy who states an HTC inspire has faster processing speed then the iPhone 4 (I have an iPhone 4, I'm not denying it) is the fanboy.

KWAs are Lipo ready, though. They can handle a 3.7v 1c 10Mah Lipo fairly well.

and watch epic rap battles of history. Last word=win.

10. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    ICS M4s aren't all that expensive. $180 for Proline Colt licensed M4 and $130 for sportline? lolyesplease.
    The only think I know of that are proprietary are the externals, GB shell and ARL. You can replace the outer barrel for a TM spec one to fit TM spec rails.

11. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    don't compare companies, compare their competing product lines.

12. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Yeah. I like to underexaggerate things so when they do to try to prove me wrong, they lulphail themselfs XD

They're pretty good boxes. I could see the design leading to a problem but it seems worth it, makes cleaning the GB after each usage a viable option.

ICS's stock with a tuning outperform KWA's stock with factory meh-level tuning. Even perfectly tuned, I'm fairly certain ICS would outperform.

13. RCV

RCV New Member

G&P > ICS > G&G > KWA for overall quality

Internals wise (stock, compatibility not an issue) : They are about equal to be honest but if I HAD to pick order : KWA > ICS > G&G > G&P. Once again, they are equal but if I HAD to pick order, that's what I would pick.

For price : ICS > G&P > G&G > KWA

Externally : G&P > KWA > ICS > G&G

Honestly, all are great guns and it really comes down to what the user wants. G&G is solid all around. KWA is a little better all around but the lemon rate is high and compatibility may be a issue for some. ICS is good inside and out and great for someone looking for a unique m4. G&P has some good internals with outstanding externals. Pick your poison.

14. ChicagoTed

ChicagoTed New Member

The point of them all being great has been made... Darn my tardiness.

Personally, I say:
    G&P>G&G>KWA>ICS.
    But let's face it, that is entirely wrong, considering my favorite, G&P, doesn't even make GBB pistols... Sad.

In the end, Real Sword is my hero regardless of how these four rank!

15. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    KWAs have some of the worst externals I've ever seen. They may be metal, but in my opinion, are just terrible. Even though G&G has some polymer, their externals are one of my choices for leightweight application.

Certainly I wouldn't agree that ICS is the worst, to the one who said it.

16. ChicagoTed

ChicagoTed New Member

My friends KWA has been giving him problems... Not sure why; the gun has been taken care of and we have had multiple people look at it.
    My G&P has not given me any problems. A few new guys knew my FPS was only 335ish with .25s, and thought me no threat. Meanwhile, I was out ranging a Realsword!

17. TheBlazinAsian

TheBlazinAsian New Member

I say either G&P or VFC. I prefer VFC but G&Ps externals are better. Your choice

18. redgingerboy

redgingerboy New Member

For gbbs, KWA. For guns like the sig, ics, for and ump or an m14 ebr, g and g, and for aegs, VFC or GandP