Featured KYAirsoft Glock 45

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Kain2, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    Hi,

I purchased this from KYAirsoft around a year ago.

I wanted to replicate my LE service weapon. I recently took the slide out and used a heat gun to remove the orange tip so that it would look as close to my service weapon as possible for practice.

Since putting it back together the slide gets stuck at least half the time and I witness some interesting things like 3 bbs flying at the same time.

This has left me with my Umarex G17 Gen 14 to practice my quals with.

I have lubed all moving parts with Kroil to no avail.

Any ideas what to do here? I have emailed KYAirsoft for pointers who is usually lightning fast at getting back to me but I have heard nothing back yet.

Maybe I didn't put something back together correctly? Not so sure about that. I have probably taken it apart and put it back together 20 times now.

Starting to wonder if it was always like this. I really didn't use it all that much prior to today....I doubt it though...something happened I think.

Thanks.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Pictures please.

Inside with the upper removed

And then a picture with parts separated out.

Kain2 likes this.

3. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    Thanks for this. I will grab some this evening after I clean it up a little bit.

A few questions/comments in the meantime if that is ok.

1) I admit that I started getting desperate and put some grease in there that is likely not plastic safe. How do I remove?

2) New symptom. If I put a magazine in after filling with green gas it is immediately released. Looks like something is stuck in the back by my observations of the gun frame.

Getting this cleaned up and off the wife's table will allow me to take pictures and think more intelligently.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Grease removal...wash in soapy water. Or solvents and swabs/towels, wipes.

Knocker may be protruding/stuck in the "down" position. Picture of mag well can discern if this is the case.

Kain2 likes this.
  5. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    Thanks....forthcoming!

I am prepared to purchase one in the USA as well as this is top priority BUT I can't get anyone to pick up their phone.

Really appreciated!

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those look fine, does the inside of the outer barrel have a collar? Could you take a picture of the inside of the outer barrel?

Kain2 likes this.
  7. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    Sure,

I am just rolling along working and cleaning with Hoppes #9 and gun oil as I go. Could you define collar? Piece of plastic to keep outer barrel stabilized maybe? If so, no collar exists.

8. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    Pic of the slide submerged in silicone grease and other.

There is a spring below the mess that popped off. I misunderstood (and still not completely understand) how it may is supposed to be inserted. During the re-installation process the spring bent a little bit. I don't think that is the root cause of the issues but I do think that one of the root causes is that area in the back. There is a sticking point. I saw a video where apparently a slew of Glock 18s had a binding point. Unfortunately for me, there is still a sticking point in spite of packing the area with grease.

https://imgur.com/a/dl12JHs

9. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
  10. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

I agree that it's likely something to do with the valve knocker, it might be stuck as they are supposed to be spring loaded and able to float over the magazine release valve if the magazine is inserted when the valve knocker is 'down'.

upload_2021-4-19_8-22-58.png
    Red 1 is the valve knocker. It should stay protruding into the magwell even if you try to push it in until the valve knocker lock (blue 2) is pushed down. Try poking it in the direction of the arrow up towards the slide, it should be spring loaded and move up and return down once force is removed.

Kain2 likes this.
  11. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    So in this case #1 is slotted to move up and down not side to side. After some manipulation with the stuff to the rear of the gun it now moves freely all the time. Not good either I guess?

12. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

It's supposed to move freely up and spring back down. It's not supposed to move side to side in the magwell, and it can only retract when the knocker lock is pushed down. Does it still vent the mag when inserted? Try without the slide

Kain2 likes this.
  13. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    Let me try now. Thanks.

aotsukisho likes this.
  14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    You have way to much oil on that thing, it shouldn't be glistening...did someone tell you to do that?

[​IMG]

Grease would be better and you only need it on the friction parts.

Kain2 likes this.
  15. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    No, it no longer vents when the mag is inserted.

aotsukisho likes this.
  16. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    This is how we are taught at the department to service our firearms. It's just 2 drops of oil with an old travel toothbrush. There could be some residual cleaner there as well. I think the camera might be making it look more oily than it is.

17. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    https://imgur.com/a/m2II3c3 The friction here is more than I would like to be BUT silicone grease does nothing to mitigate that.

Do you all think I might want to consider putting it back together? Pics of anything else you would like to see? Thanks.