Featured KYAirsoft Glock 45

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Kain2, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Oh, did you bend the nozzle return spring?

That would be the source of your issue or it came out part way too.

[​IMG]

My old range master would have a fit if he saw a shiny gun...

Oh I just realized, this is a WE based Glock.

Kain2 and aotsukisho like this.
  2. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    LOL!! It is not bent very much really. I tried to grab a spring from my harbor freight kit but I couldn't get one that fit in there.

So if I pull on the part at the bottom (I guess that's the nozzle), it only pulls back 50% on it's own and then stops.

Latest symptoms.

1) Shoots fine with the stock magazine (one hiccup where you could hear it expel propane for a split second but not again)

2) Umarex G17 Gen 4 magazines no longer work in there. All the propane is lost after the first shot.

3) The plastic bbs with the stock magazine now completely lack accuracy. It's like a gust of wind grabs them and knocks them 10 feet over at the last 30% of flight.

Thanks for all of the help.

Thoughts?

Either way, I am having a new Umarex G45 shipped to arrive in 2 days from now.

3. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

VFC magazines do not work properly in WE glocks due to the shape of the gas route up top. WE and KWA use flat gas routes, VFC and Tokyo Marui have curved ones.

Edit: VFC is the OEM of the U/EF licensed Glocks stateside

There's probably oil in your hop chamber/packing and inner barrel. You want to clean those out with alcohol or something. You might want to check the magazine bb channel for oil and clean that out as well. Everything should be dry

Kain2 likes this.
  4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If you drop the BBU/Cylinder from the Slide, you can check the spring on the topside of the BBU to see if it's pinched. I have springs if you want to get this running again. If you want it fixed once and for all, mail it to me and I will fix it and mail it back as a profession courtesy from a former LEO to a current LEO.

5. GrimWolf0770

GrimWolf0770 Active Member

Pittsburgh area
    Its an air gun and all that oil is now in your gas system ,all its doing is making it harder for the gas to cycle and your hopup won't have any friction making in inaccurate. I'd take every bit of it off. And whoever told you to do that to a real gun needs smacked with a stick........

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
    Kain2 likes this.
  6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Oh, you know Mr. Tanabe too?

Oh the curse words he utters when he cleans/fixes abused service weapons.

He even kicked a Solo Bike (Motorcycle Cop) rider for 1 year of abuse on his 5906.

Mr. Tanabe, "...when did you last clean this?"

SBR, "...ummm last year at ART..."

KICK!

Kain2 likes this.
  7. GrimWolf0770

GrimWolf0770 Active Member

Pittsburgh area
    Nope no idea........you and them big words.....

Kain2 likes this.
  8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Mr. Tanabe after the Kick...

"....you fugga, dis ting may save your life one day and you treat it like dis?.....

Trying to imitate Hawaiian Pigeon in text...

9. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    Thank you for this. I wonder why they worked before and now suddenly decided to act up. I thought that I verified that magazines were interchangeable with KYAirsoft and had no issues until taking it apart my first time.

I cleaned up the barrels with alcohol and q-tips and the gun is now as accurate as me. Yaay!

aotsukisho likes this.
  10. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    That is super nice of you. I dropped the BBU/Cylinder from the slide again and mehhhh it's about 90% straight. Everything works as it should.

I will take a raincheck on sending it over to you and keep that offer in pocket! Very awesome of you and the other folks to take the time to walk me through this. I feel like I have learned a TON here in such a short time. I appreciate you guys not giving up and working with me.

Oh BTW....does it matter which side the spring sits on? I think that I have it right per the instructions but there are two possible sides.

11. Kain2

Kain2 New Member

Anytown
    Lool!!

Thanks.

12. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

"you *** dis ting may save yo life one day and you treat em liedis" LOL

It might be a slide-frame tolerance issue, the curved gas route may or may not bind up on the nozzle. Even in my video it fires off several shots just fine before getting stuck. (the excessive gas venting is due to overfilling+high elevation)

Awesome. Ensure the bb channel in the magazine is free of oil too. WE mags have pins up top that need to be removed so the feed lip assembly can come off and the spring/follower can be pulled out from the top.

Edit again: It is ambi after all, spring can go on either side. KWA blowback units have two springs, one on each side of the nozzle - but they are tiny extension springs.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Kain2 likes this.
  13. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    It goes on the left I think, it has a larger channel and the tab of the BBU is on that side, that is from the front or of this BBU with that tab on top.

[​IMG]

Oh right...dur WE.

The nozzle is universal per Aots.

[​IMG]