L85 Modification

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MadWulf, Sep 4, 2012.

1. MadWulf

MadWulf New Member

Litchfield
    S anyone knowledgeable on exterior modifications for the Army Armaments RL85? I recently obtained one and am interested in finding out if there is a RIS system for said weapon.

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    I believe Madbull makes a rail system for it... Someone, not entirely sure who, but I know one exists. I took a CASV and bolted it to mine. It's fairly easy if you have a file.

3. MadWulf

MadWulf New Member

Litchfield
    Is anyone familiar with a tune-up kit for the Army Armament R85A1 gearbox? And any suggestions on barrel/hop-up upgrades?

4. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    As to external upgrades, on the real rifle, they have Daniel defense rails, that airsofters can now buy from Madbull. Also, there is a way to modify G36 rails on the A2 version, but I personally do not know how to.

IMO, all tune up kits are a waste. You can buy better parts separately usually cheaper.

5. firststrike

firststrike New Member

I would recommend replacing the entire hop chamber with a metal M4 one. The stock one is terrible. Also, if you switch out the sector gear and piston for standard V2/v3 ones and put a 10mm spacer between the piston and piston head, the gearbox will be much more reliable, especially in semi-auto.

6. MadWulf

MadWulf New Member

Litchfield
    I shall give that a try. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Airsoft Society

7. Pierce09

Pierce09 New Member Supporting Member

Las Vegas
    Depending on how you want it to look, there are a few options externally for an SA80.
    Madbull do indeed make an RIS for the rifle. there are two versions, one for the WE and one for the G&G. you can get adapters for the ICS version and others.
    this is my ICS L85 with RIS and SUSAT
    [​IMG]

recently in training areas around the UK and abroad, SA80s have been seen with Elcan Spectres, which i think look great. they are replacing the ACOG which was bought as an Urgent Operational Requirement for Afghanistan and will be phased out over the next few years.
    Para with SA80 with ACOG and riser rail
    [​IMG]

With Elcan
    [​IMG]

there is a UGL option for the Star L85 that i'm told by friends in the UK you can convert to fit any L85 reasonably easily.
    UGL on SA80
    [​IMG]

the standard IR light system for the SA80 is the Oerlikon Laser Light Module (LLM01). Element make a replica and is available on Evike for about $70 ish.
    LLM01 on side of SA80 in Afghanistan
    [​IMG]

the grip is usually a Grippod in black.

these are a few ideas for British standard loadouts for the SA80.

8. MadWulf

MadWulf New Member

Litchfield
    Thanks for the info. I've gotta finish her internal work taken care of, then I'll look into some accessories you ve recommended. Thanks for the 411!

9. Hi-C

Hi-C New Member

Fairfax
    That UGL modification is amazing. Let us know which appearance you're going with Wolf. Be interested in seeing what you do.

10. Pierce09

Pierce09 New Member Supporting Member

Las Vegas
    Sadly, the RS UGL for the SA80 makes the rifle very front heavy. It's a pig to be honest. I can't wait to see what you go with. I've just bought an LLM01 to compete the look I'm going for. Can't wait for it to arrive!

11. MadWulf

MadWulf New Member

Litchfield
    Worse - the Star - style is the one I want; alas.... out of stock EVERYWHERE. Looks like a RIS and a Arma. *sigh*