L85 trigger contacts

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by snarfmaster, Dec 20, 2012.

1. snarfmaster

snarfmaster New Member

I had heard a lot about the G&G l85's trigger contacts burning out and was wondering what exactly was meant by that. Is it just one of these?

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=38464

Because if that is the case then it doesn't seem like it would be too big of a problem. Does it use the V2 trigger assembly like that? V3? Other?

Also, I got this thing used and it came without a flash hider or charging handle. The charging handle must have broken off, because there are fragments of what I think used to be there, plus it is a hole instead of the nub that I have seen in videos. I checked with G&G and they wanted something like $60+ for all of this. I think just crafting my own charging handle and flash hider would be the best, but I am not entirely sure what should be done. For the charging handle, I found that some roofing/tar paper nails have the correct diameter for the hole and have a flat enough head to be potentially functional, but I don't know what to use as the actual handle. And I am completely lost on the flash hider.

And one last thing. Does the L85 come stock with a GR16 hop up? Like I said, I got this used and I can tell that some modifications have been done to it, but I am not sure if perhaps the seller ripped me off with a lower quality hop up out of a different gun. It is plastic, grey, and says G&G and GR16 on it.

Thanks.