L96 - brands?!

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by doc7, Sep 28, 2015.

1. doc7

doc7 New Member

Hill City
    Hello, guys! I'm on the market for a L96 sniper rifle, but after researching I feel more confused than enlightened. My question is what is the most appropriate brand of a L96, tokyo marui clone (or even a TM rifle itself) sniper rifle as a base for upgrade. The gun will go trough upgrade in order to achieve power of 160 m/s (525 FPS) to 200 m/s (650 FPS), which is the power window local fields have and to achieve good groupings about 80m out.

Disclaimer! My experience in airsoft is limited to short to medium distance and I have no practical experience with a sniper rifle, which is why I have stated 160 to 200 m/s and 80m effective range, for example, for illustrative purposes only. Feel free to correct me!

Also, if the topic is in a wrong section I apologize to the person who will fix my mess. Cheers!

2. Sillypancake

Sillypancake New Member

Kansas City
    Sorry, no experience with the type 96 platform, (vsr-10 master race) but there are plenty of upgrades available for it. Since you're just starting off, a quality clone is you're best bet. If you head on over to the Airsoft Sniper Forum, there is a subsection specifically dedicated to that platform. It should answer almost all of your questions.

3. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

Utg l96 is the budget l96. Since your upgrading theres 0 reason to get the tm

4. BearGames

BearGames Member

San Jose
    Yeah, I've heard the Well and UTG l96 are the best options.

5. MetaLcorE

MetaLcorE Member

Kansas City
    Don't know if you're still looking for info on this, but there are a few different l96 variants out there. The newer TM design and the well mb4401 the tm clone. And the older style that is the well mb01 Iirc. The older style is far simpler to work on and have a dozen manufacturers that make one, they should all be identical.

The tm new version you really have to look around for parts for a lot of the older l96 parts aren't compatible. But I have a well mb4401 tm clone, that is shooting 500fps and right about 280 feet and I'm sure I could stretch that farther.

6. TheFallenHero

I personally try to steer people away from well. The internals are on par with everyone else but the externals feel weaker. The designs are cool though.

7. doc7

doc7 New Member

Hill City
    I imagine you're recommending UTG then (in terms of externals)? Please elaborate.

Best

8. TheFallenHero

The plastic is just weaker with the well plastic.