L96 Lighter Trigger Pull

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by gb65, Dec 12, 2012.

1. gb65

gb65 New Member

Hello,

Just got a UTG MK96 and man is the trigger pull heavy (compared to a real gun). Is there a way to lighten the pull or a replacement trigger with less pull weight? I've been searching but don't see pull weight discussed or mentioned with replacement parts. Seems the main concern with triggers is getting one that works with more powerful springs and doesn't fly apart.

Thanks

2. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    It sounds like your looking for a zero tension trigger. Airsoft GI has a good selection of them normally I think. I'm not 100% sure.

3. gb65

gb65 New Member

I think that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks!!

4. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um...there are only two, I wouldn't really call that "good selection" lol
    Laylax or Action Army
    Action Army is cloned of Laylax

5. gb65

gb65 New Member

You're right but 2 is better than none.

The trigger pull is 8 lbs. Do most people just use the trigger at that weight? I see updated sear sets and metal trigger units that wouldn't lessen the pull weight. Most real hunting rifles trigger pull isn't as much as the one I got.

I saw some videos of the Zero triggers and they mentioned they're not drop in and need to be modified. Didn't see any videos or doc on what needs to be modified.

6. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    Sorry, I ment a selection for different rifles

7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Some people just don't care since they probably don't really shoot far enough to actually see the difference or they simply don't care about it lol

Zero trig is a drop in unit, you just need to make sure that you have 90 degree piston which you don't have to worry about since L96 only has 90 degree piston.

8. stelthysniper126

stelthysniper126 New Member

I've been searching to but I can't seem to find anything

9. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Why is their selection of rifles relevant?

10. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    No, thay have a selection of different z-triggers for a lot of the different rifles.