L96 Reduced Power Spring

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by gb65, Nov 26, 2012.

1. gb65

gb65 New Member

Hello,

I'm looking at a UTG or TSD L96. They both seem to shoot in the mid to upper 400 fps. Don't need that much to shoot in my basement as it will just put extra wear on my target trap. I can't seem to find what the stock springs are in these and what power springs I could change it to to get into the less than 400 fps.

What's the lowest spring I could use and still get good accuracy close range in my basement?

Will a lower powered spring kill accuracy at close range?

Thanks

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    at 20ft even springer pistols get great accuracy lol... You can bring it down if you want. It should use around a 130-150 spring. Put a 100 in there and youll be set to go.

3. gb65

gb65 New Member

Great answer!!

I've been searching for about an hour and don't see Sniper Rifle springs or L96 springs but mostly AEG springs. Are these the same? If not, where can I get the bolt action springs?

Thanks

4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    no idea if they are the same. I have never seen a lower spring though for a sniper, just upgrades... hopefully someone can help you more than that

5. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Yea, most people want to INCREASE the power in their sniper rifle, not decrease it.

If you don't want to buy a new spring, you can open up the gun's cylinder, take out the spring, and cut a few rings off of the spring. Thats a real easy way to lower the fps of any gun. However, once you take it away, you cant put it back.

6. gb65

gb65 New Member

Thanks for the ideas.

It's not that I can't find m100 springs but all the springs I found say they're for AEG's. I read some posts that say you want non-AEG springs because they're thinner. Don't know if they meant thinner in gauge of piano wire they're made from or thinner in diameter overall.

7. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
  8. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

You need an APS2 spring for that gun, not an AEG spring. I have the SD 96 also.