L96 sniper

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by EagleEye, Dec 30, 2012.

1. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

Hey guys, I am going to buy an L96 sniper. I have so far been set to get the AGM, but is it going to last? I am NOT planning on upgrading it beyond possibly a tightbore barrel believe it or not. There are many other versions though (such as the UTG, which is the most I am willing to spend but if the AGM isnt complete junk then Id much rather not break the bank, the Well, and others). I like everything i read about the AGM, but i liked the reviews on my other sniper which turned out to break. Is AGM a reputable brand? Is their L96 a good sniper out of the box? I like the AGM also because the FPS is only 450 and that is the max on my field without a 100' engagement distance which I don't want but could cope with. Should I get it or should I get a different sniper? I am not picky about the L96 model and am fine with any gun, but the AGM seems to be the best value I can find. ALSO: Where should I get it from?

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Not upgrading a bolt action sniper rifle will leave you basically defenceless against an AEG.

The only way BASR's (bolt action sniper rifles) can become effective is if you put a ton of money into upgrades.

If you don't understand that from the time of purchase, you'll be very disappointed. And adding just a tight bore barrel isn't even close to how much must be done.

Both BASR's that I've upgraded cost $200-$300 just on upgrades. So if your not willing to put out that money, then sniping may not be for you.

3. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

I plan on upgrading eventually, but what I really want to find out is which one is good out of the box so I'm good until I have the money to spend on stuff. Right now I have enough for about 1 upgrade and I assume a TBB is best for the first one?

4. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 Member

How much do you have to spend between the gun and upgrade?

5. svd_sniper

svd_sniper New Member

Ho Chi Minh
    AGM is the hybird, hard to updrage, a bolt vsr-10 style for L96? you still want that ? go and waste your money man :D

take UTG version will more better better than. lot of DIY for you, but still need small updrage for it ( hop-up is the bad part )

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    A TBB will be okay if it is of good quality. Brands like Prometheus make superb barrels, but require a hopup unit that will allow them to be used (Chamber that allows the use of AEG cut barrels). Is a TBB the best first thing to upgrade? No, its not. And even with a great one in your otherwise stock rifle, it won't give you the performance boost you'll need to compete with AEG's.

The best things to upgrade as the first thing would be the hopup (bucking,rubber and chamber) because that's where you'll get your range from. And range is what makes the sniper rifle the valuable tool it is.

7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Get the UTG. DON'T get the AGM

8. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

Ok. I'm not getting the AGM then. Let me change gears a little:

I don't have my heart set on an L96. Is the JG BAR 10 a better option all together? From what I have seen, it is THE gun for upgrades and other mods

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Get the UTG L96. APS>VSR

10. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Is there a reason why APS is better?

11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Research. Explained it too many times

12. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Will do, I was just curious.

13. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

Ok, will do. Where can I get it cheapest (NOT AIRSOFT MEGASTORE! THEY ARE COMPLETE IDIOTS!)?

14. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Google and find out about it.
    I'd just get a used one.

15. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

I looked and couldn't find an answer. I assume it's the aps stock 90 degree piston?

When you get down to it since we have fps limits they will end up shooting the same fully upgraded and it all becomes about how good you are at tuning.

16. bronyairsoft11

bronyairsoft11 New Member

Is the L96 ur getting gas or spring if ur getting spring I wood just wait awhile to save the money a gas(there like tree hundo) but by the time u do those upgrades the spring guns are not good with handle that pressure of a high powered sniper

17. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    Come again? Lots of people use spring sniper rifles. I'm pretty sure they can handle the pressure(?) of the high poweredness(?). Don't guess I understood that. Please use real spelling too. Not trying to mini-mod.

18. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    I was going to reply but I couldn't tell if he was trolling or just couldn't spell.....

19. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    It took me a few minutes to decipher his post. It was his first post as well... Did what I say make sense?

20. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Yea, it does. I mean....at least you know the difference between wood and would...