Lacrosse Anyone?

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by TornadoAirsoft, Oct 28, 2012.

1. TornadoAirsoft

TornadoAirsoft New Member

Have been playing lacrosse for 4 years and I would like to know if anyone plays.

2. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    yeah i do (10 characters)

3. TornadoAirsoft

What position do you play?

4. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I play lacrosse on my HS's varsity team. I've normally played Midi but am better at Attack. I'm actually gonna have to give it up, though, because I want to join the Navy. I'm not particularly inclined to take the large risk for bad concussions in my league, which would probably ruin my chances for an SO Rating.

5. TornadoAirsoft

That really stinks I play attack well center attack. It's such a good sport its very hard to give up

6. Grin

Irvine
    VERY hard, but worth it to fulfill a life dream. It makes it easier that apparently our new coach this year isn't very great, while our previous coach we all loved. At least I can still play catch and such with friends, I'm just avoiding the full sport. Although I'll never be able to shake my love of flattening some poor sod.

7. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Grin, what do you want to do in the navy? yeah I play left attack cause for some reason, im a better lefty in lacrosse but noting else...

8. Grin

Irvine
    As you quoted, I'm training for an SO rating. Ratings are the Naval version of an MOS, essentially. SO is Special Warfare Operator, or SEAL.

I suck at lefty shooting, passing, AND catching! xD

9. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    I've been playing for 4 years and am a defensemen. I always love when little attacks try and challenge me because they get acquainted with the ground rather quickly.

10. Grin

Irvine
    Ewwwww D-Pole! ;P

Compensating?

11. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    No I just like to beat the s*** outta people without running up and down the field. Plus my brother played defense and he got me into it.

12. Grin

Irvine
    Haha no worries, I love my D-poles. They're like a wall of muscle when it comes to the Seniors that have been on my team, and the D-poles are actually the ones who taught me how to play lacrosse.

13. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I actually played lacrosse in 8th and 9th grade. Even though I'm huge I played attack. I actually got hit in the eye with a lacrosse ball (the throw was almost as hard as someone trying to score). I was blind in that eye for 30 minutes, it was swollen from the impact for almost 2 weeks, I popped some blood vessels, and it was so sensitive to light I had to wear the darkest sunglasses I could find for more than a month. But I still loved lacrosse.

14. Grin

Irvine
    Yup, sounds about right. One of my team mates who's a senior this year took a shot to the nuts from a guy who shoots like a friggin' bullet. It's kinda terrible, though, because he never wore a cup. Now, our coach occasionally has him give a speech about cup safety whenever we do an equipment check. Jokingly, of course.

Did that shooter have it out for you, or were you just one unlucky sunufagun?

15. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    No its quite a funny story. My friend and I were just tossing the ball around with our helmets off, I ended up throwing the ball way too far and he ran off to get it. While he was doing that my other friend started talking to me. Now the friend who went to get the ball had to go almost across the field. I guess he just saw my stick in my hand and thought I was ready, He tossed it across the field as hard as he could (he told me he did). Meanwhile I was still having a conversation with my friend next to me, all of a sudden someone says "Miles lookout!". So naturally I turn my head to look, worst idea. As soon as I whip my head the ball hits me right in the eye. If I never turned my head it probably would have just hit the side of my skull. Its kind of ironic though. My friend could barely throw it directly to us in practice when he was 20 feet away and he hits me in the eyeball when he was at least 50-60 yards away.

16. TornadoAirsoft

Yea the same thing happened to me so now I wear my helmet when i pass and catch.

17. TornadoAirsoft

I would be the guy shooting the ball I can shoot like 80-90! It's crazy!!

18. elitelaxer

elitelaxer New Member

THREAD REVIEVED!!!
    Anyways, I play attack and midi. I perfer attack but i'll play either. I have only played one season but i'm pretty good according to the coaches and my friends that have played for 4 years. I would have to say, I enjoy it more than airsoft.

19. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    I got a new stick the other day. STX X10 with an STX sabre shaft. It throws like a dream compared to my other stick.

image-712385961.jpg

image-3201797232.jpg

image-388180608.jpg

20. Grin

Irvine
    Ha, D-Pole. Go back to your corner, we didn't let you out.