lancer tactical airsoft m4 aeg w/ free float rail system black lt-22b problems

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by S.I.T., Nov 27, 2020.

1. S.I.T.

S.I.T. Member

Great Falls
    I purchased this gun not long ago and had done some modifications to It has 16:1 gears, 125m spring,shimed, Piston head, Everything new. Shoots fine With one problem. It shoots everywhere and anywhere.I heard this one had a picky hop up, or there's barrel wobble, I'm open to suggestions on how to correct this, The suppressor does have a inner barrel that butts up to the existing main barrel and is secured at both ends, Everything is tight. DSCF6165.JPG

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Tight does not mean aligned.

Does it shoot straight with the suppressor off?

If it does.

Look through the upper and the outer barrel and make sure it's not off center where the bb can hit the edge of the suppressor.

3. S.I.T.

S.I.T. Member

Great Falls
    with no suppresser still wobbly.Shined a light down the barrel from the upper through the suppressor, Nice round dot of light on the wall, looks straight. But still shoots like a scatter gun.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  4. S.I.T.

S.I.T. Member

Great Falls
    could it be the BB's I'm using? .20. I'd like to just get a barrel that's 31 inches long but seems there isn't one.

5. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Why do you want a barrel that long? Being that these are blow guns a barrel that long would be detrimental for FPS. The bb would be decelerating before it left the barrel.

Only advantage of a barrel that long is that your 15" closer to your target.

If there are no obstructions...then it's either your hop-up packing is greasy, your barrel is greasy or there is no mound on the packing.

Packing = Rubber = Bucking.

6. Ben3721

Ben3721 Active Member

Accuracy in airsoft has a lot of factors and common flaws cause cause more issues.
    First you need to make sure your barrel is straight and clean inside. Roll the barrel on a granite counter top to see how straight it is. Then look down the barrel and ensure it is clean. Some factories will actually drip glue down the barrel while attaching the orange tip which is very hard if not impossible to remove.

Next your hop up unit itself. It needs to be free of defects, the arm of the hopup needs to hold the nub level. The outer barrel also needs to hold the hop up level as well, many do not do this and cause the hop to tilt. Now the hop up packing/bucking, it needs to be grease free inside and the lips of the bucking should never protrude into the feed tube of the hop up, this will not only cause jams but it can cause weird random down hop effects if bad enough.

The last thing you also need to check is your hop is level once assembled. Just look down your barrel with the hop on and look to see if the bucking mound protrudes somewhat even out of the barrel top window, otherwise it will curve left or right. Sometimes the barrel itself won't sit level inside the hopup or even the alignment cutoffs are off. You also likely have some slack between the barrel and outer barrel which can be fixed with thin tape around the barrel to keep stuff snug.

Other things like ensuring the hopup is firmly against the shell and the suppressor isn't snagging the bbs on the way out should also be considered.

These guns aren't made to any quality standards, they can basically have anything wrong with them and it never hurts to double check stuff just to make sure.

7. S.I.T.

S.I.T. Member

Great Falls
    thinking a one piece barrel might salve the problem. I can see the bucking clear and large. This means it's to much? Barrel is flat on the table. yet at 25 ft I'm still getting 8" groupings. Full auto cuts it down to 4" or 5" with a few strays.

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    It just may be the bbs you are using too.

What brand and weight?

A one piece outer barrel will Not solve the problem. It's just a cosmetic external piece and changing that really has no effect...the most accurate M4A1 AEG from 1999 to 2005 had a three piece outer barrel. That was a TM M4A1...

9. S.I.T.

S.I.T. Member

Great Falls
    using evike professional grade .20 BB's. I'm going to head out here soon and get some .25's, see if that makes a difference, And adjust the hop up. One piece inner barrel. bbl on this ID is 6.1

10. Ben3721

Ben3721 Active Member

The only manufacturer to make a multipiece inner barrel was g&p years ago. I doubt a lancer tactical has that feature, most suppressors merely cover a one piece extended barrel, there is a chance its warping the barrel a bit off center from having poor threads but unlikely.

11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Never buy items that are labeled professional, competition, superior grade.

One there is no such standard and two it's only meant to fleece new players. All the good bbs have none of that mumbo jumbo in their product description for the "good" stuff.

Ben3721 and S.I.T. like this.
  12. S.I.T.

S.I.T. Member

Great Falls
    here's what I'm getting with .25 at 30 ft. DSCF6171.JPG

13. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    That's pretty bad.

I have never even seen a stock AEG shoot this badly...even with .12g bbs at 40'.

What did you do to this thing? What is the rubber in the hop-up?

14. Ben3721

Ben3721 Active Member

I wonder if the crown has a lip to it snagging every shot.

Its hard to say over a thread. It may be best to find someone with experience to look at it themselves, this could be a small thing throwing it off so much.

15. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Oh yeah...good call.

Does the barrel have a "proper" crown?

16. S.I.T.

S.I.T. Member

Great Falls
    the crowning is correct, barrel is straight, Everything seems to fit. I'm just gonna tear her down again and see if I didn't do something wrong. The one modification that I did that has me thinking this might be the problem is this was a rear wired gear box, I turned it around to be a front wire so the battery would go into the handguard. Ya all helped me eliminate most of the other possible problems that I didn't think of. I'll post the progress.

17. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Accuracy issue has nothing to do with the gearbox.

18. S.I.T.

S.I.T. Member

Great Falls
    well aware of that my friend.

19. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Okay...just so you know where to focus.

20. S.I.T.

S.I.T. Member

Great Falls
    Well I tore it down to just the basics and several things did stick out. first thing was the Barrel nut retaining spring wasn't properly set and the battery wires that I reversed had bunched up at the front of the upper , Last there's this piece that the charging handle spring hooks to that was in the wrong position, Not allowing the barrel to sit correctly. Off handed shots where 2 inch's, Scopes off. Man I was thinking of all kinds of things that could be wrong here, Thinking that I put it all together right the first time. Damn was I wrong. Thanks to all for your input. DSCF6172.JPG DSCF6172.JPG DSCF6164.JPG DSCF6165.JPG DSCF6166.JPG DSCF6163.JPG

Ben3721 likes this.