Lancer Tactical AR-15 jam HELP!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by JJrocks44, Jan 6, 2016.

1. JJrocks44

JJrocks44 New Member

Seattle
    I've had my lancer tactical m4/ar15 for about 2 years now with maybe using it 15 times or so. Recently when I load my mag it shoots 6 or so bullets then two bullets jam in the barrel and make it unable to shoot. How can I fix that?

2. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    When was the last time you cleaned your barrel? Is your bucking torn?

*BBs

3. JJrocks44

JJrocks44 New Member

Seattle
    I haven't in a while.... More info where it jams is their are 2 bullets in the loading chamber and the gun makes a thumping sound. I can unjam but it is still very tight

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Sounds like a jam. Stop shooting, disable your hop up and unjam the gun. Might as well clean the barrel while you're at it.
    Once complete, reload gun, and attempt to shoot. I'd leave the hop-up disabled for now. If it shoots correctly, adjust your hop-up to fit. If not, your bucking MAY be twisted or something along those lines. Either way, after unjamming and testing, report back

-mobile device-

5. JJrocks44

JJrocks44 New Member

Seattle
    I opened my gun up for the first time and was dirty, barrel was dirty, about very thing was. After following a guide on how to open up the gun I found a bb at the very back of the barrel. Popped it out and worker well. As I've had it for 2 years the spring is worn. Would a m120 would in it?

6. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    That's awesome you got it working.

Even if your spring is well worn in, that wouldn't cause a jam. A worn spring only leads to a lower velocity because it doesn't have that original compression, but that's really in. BBs would still be propelled through your barrel. The problem was likely a dirty barrel or your hop-up was on too much impeding the BB.

7. JJrocks44

JJrocks44 New Member

Seattle
    After unjamming it for maybe a hour it jammed up on me again. Any thoughts?

8. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    Is the jam roughly in the same location? What (brand and weight) BBs are you using? Have you tried playing with the hop-up?

9. JJrocks44

JJrocks44 New Member

Seattle
    I have not yet tried playing with hop I'm using .28 bio biovals or .2 evike bbs.

10. JJrocks44

JJrocks44 New Member

Seattle
    Installed a hop up bucking and got new bbs. Also cleaned gun out let's see the change tomorrow in a small 3v3 game