Lancer tactical FAL or utg mk96?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Brettairsoft22, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Brettairsoft22

Brettairsoft22 New Member

Should I buy a utg mk96 or a lancer tactical full metal FAL? I'm keeping my guns stock, no uprades whatsoever. I'm just looking for a good AEG or a good bolt action rifle that I can keep stock, under 200$. I'm particularly interested in the l96 models. But under 200$, and once again no upgrades.

Attached Files:

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    No upgrades? Then definitely the FAL over the l96. stock snipers < Stock AEGs

3. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

The fal all the way. But an even better choice would be an ics sportline. The l96 will be terrible so get it out of your head quickly. But an ics sportline would be best.

4. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Meh King Arms m4s are what I would recommend over this FAL.

5. Brettairsoft22

I'm looking for a gun that I can use in a battle against friends, just messing around. I'm not going against top of the line AEGs. I'm just looking for basically what has better range, because I'm going to be taking some long range shots. I know the mk96 has better fps. I'm 14, and I want a gun that doesn't require a lot of maintenance, and I don't want a dicks sporting goods gun. Rate of fire isn't being compared either.

6. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    No offense but everyone says "oh it'll just be for my backyard" and then 5 months later after dropping $100 on a crap gun they think "wow I really like airsoft I think I wanna. Go to my local field" and they get owned and end up having to buy a whole new gun so please listen to us....

7. Brettairsoft22

Well there's no fields near me, and I'm 14. I know I'm not going that far into airsoft, it's just for fun. Trust me, I'm smart enough to know I'm not going to a field. So please make posts that help.

8. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    You can get King Arms m4s for under 200 dollars so I don't understand how that doesn't fit with what you want.

9. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    Ok then. What type of gun are you looking for? Make? Model? Fps? Etc

10. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Just because it has better FPS does not mean it has a better range necessarily.

11. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    'Atta boy. An ICS sportsline would be much better than a Lancer FAL.

12. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Op listen to everyone and get an ICS sportline.

13. Brettairsoft22

Well I want a good example of an ICS sport line under 200$, because from what I've seen online, their range isn't as good a some echo 1 models. And I also want a good example of a king arms m4 under 200$ if they're better than a lancer full metal FAL. Remember, under 200$.

14. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

15. Brettairsoft22

Well, if i were to get the utg mk96, and upgrade the spring, could a 14 year old do it or should someone experienced do it? And if I could upgrade it myself, would the internals be able to take it? In other words, would I have to upgrade other internals along with the spring if I were to do that?

16. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

Don't get the UTG MK96. A stock AEG will shoot just as far but an AEG has full auto. Also, if you did get the MK96 the spring should be the last thing you upgrade. I highly suggest getting an ICS Sportline because it will be way better than the MK96.

17. Brettairsoft22

Well, what is the eastiest upgrade for it that will increase fps? I want fps because then I can use a heavier bob.

18. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Too upgrade the spring you would have to upgrade a lot of other parts first. It won't be cheap, and I doubt you have the skills to do an R hop.

Op get an ICS or king arms m4. Do same basic tuning, and get a madbull hopup bucking and you'll be good.