Lancer Tactical M4

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by YacksterJr, Nov 13, 2012.

1. YacksterJr

YacksterJr New Member

Okay I know the Lancer Tactical has horrible externals and need some improved internals, but is it a great base for gun building? It has a version 2 metal gearbox, which I heard is upgrade friendly. I like it because of the low price so I can upgrade it to my liking. Any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Like stated in your other thread, just go with a JG. They are one of the best upgrade capable guns because it is a TM clone.

3. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Both JG and Lancer Tactical are internally TM upgradeable. The JG is externally TM compatible, which isn't necessarily a good thing. The Lancer is a step a head, however, because of the 1 piece hop up chamber, and the more widely upgradeable externals. However, you just have to deal with the very plastic-y externals until you change them out.

4. YacksterJr

YacksterJr New Member

My plan is to interchange it with better externals, but do you think its a good base gun?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  5. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Compared to spending a tad more for better externals not worth the trouble.

6. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Depends how much external changes you're trying to do.

If you're gonna overhaul the entire gun, then I'd suggest pricing the entire thing out and seeing if its cheaper to just buy a high end gun.

If its a project gun that you're looking for, go for a CYMA or DBoys gun.

Lancer is alright, not too sure on the original brand. Not worth the money in my opinion. It's like a DoubleEagle mixed with a shoddy A&K lol.

7. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Why CYMA or D-boys? I think a JG M4 would honestly be your best bet here.

8. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    D-boys = metal bodied JG, and is a better product because of this. CYMA is just a good brand all around, making many excellent clones.

The lancer isn't THAT bad. The internals are actually pretty decent. The gun is so cheap bcause the externals are almost 100% plastic. Think crossman R76, metal TM spec gearbox, clear plastic externals. But at least the Lancer's use black plastic.

9. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Oh god lol. Sorry. My mind is set on "AK's" at the moment lol xD

Yes JG JG JG or.... DBoys, A&K, AGM lol. They're all about the same.
    DBoys I think have the lowest rated upper and lower receiver quality. The Cast is kinda bad and cracks easily.
    A&K and AGM aren't that bad. They've been lasting for a while as rentals. The AGM's I give props to cause its been through a couple years of horrible abuse and still work lol

10. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    If you want an AK in that price range, get a CYMA.

11. YacksterJr

YacksterJr New Member

That's what I'm changing, isn't the gearbox metal?

12. airsoftplayer14

airsoftplayer14 New Member

I haven't stripped one piston in this gun and I have shot over 100,000 rounds in it but had noticeable ware. The gears showed little to no ware, but the only thing that I have a problem with the gun is its very weak motor. The motors magnets are so weak that it can't even hold a small sized screw driver . Any way things that need to be replaced are the air nozzle its very leaky, the piston head needs ball bearings,the wires are thin, and I would get a mosfet sense the wires aren't that great and the gun shoots 15 bps with a 9.6v battery right of the charger, so a mosfet should raise it up a little, so would a ball bearing piston head slightly. Also it comes stock with a ball bearing spring guide. Hope this helped.

13. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 New Member

why does the piston need bearings? I'm confused as to why you think adding ball bearings will increase the rps/bps.:confused: bearings will add weight, wouldn't the added weight slow down the piston not speed it up?

How would a mosfet help thin wiring? or do you mean rewire with new wiring and a mosfet?

14. airsoftplayer14

airsoftplayer14 New Member

Just rewire it with a mosfet because and they make bearings for a reason?

15. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 New Member

I always understood the point of bearings was to allow your spring to compress and decompress linearly, allowing a smoother piston cycle

16. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    I always heard you only want either the PH or spring guide to have a bearing. boths bearings would allow the spring to spin and give inconsistent FPS, no bearings would allow the spring to bind, and 1 bearing would give consistent FPS without your spring binding.