Lct ak12 muzzle brake

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Jdmronda9, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    I know my ak12 has a proprietary quick detach muzzle brake but has anyone else with an ak12/15 ever tried to remove the setup? Theres a set screw there and im just wondering if my barrel actually is threaded underneath that

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    It is most definitely threaded on.

There is no way they would make that a 1 piece item.

3. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    The muzzle brake is actually a special mount. Lct makes a thread adapter that clicks into place but it doesn't match the threads for the suppressor I bought

4. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    Its just annoying that evike has it listed as a 14mm negative thread so I ordered a lct tracer unit to go with it and I cant use it without a couple of adapters

5. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    I say this hundreds of times.

American Consumerism does not apply in Airsoft.

There are no standards, there are no factory warrantees that is worth anything.

It's buyer beware, you get what you pay for market place. Yes, the piece is proprietary, but it's not a one piece barrel.

6. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    That literally has nothing to do with my post dude. And no it is in fact not meant to come off. Its pinned and welded. I tried taking it off last night and actually destroyed 2 punches trying to remove the pins

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Ummm...no, big picture it actually has relevance to your question.

You are asking if it's threaded underneath. I rather concur that it might be because to have the entire assembly as "one" part, i.e. one piece, it is very cost prohibitive. Thus threading for an adapter or pinning of an adapter is the more logical low cost method of assembly.

8. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    Do you own or have owned a lct ak12 or ak15 and did you attempt to remove the quick detach setup? This isn't a debate about consumerism. Its a tech question. If you can't legitimately answer that then leave it be. Im not here to debate how China produces stuff

9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    I have had many Airsoft guns. I have worked in the industry and the AK's from LCT...I have technically owned many as well as not owning any more. Have I disassembled them (in the past)? Why definitely no. I had no need to.

I know how they are made and you had a question. I answered it not in a manner that you understand. Let's just leave it at that, I often go on tangents that lead down a rabbit hole.

10. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    The answer was speculative and incorrect. Theres no way to remove the qd set up without damaging the outer barrel. This was the answer I was given by lct and after bringing it into my shop last night