LCT Folding Stock Pin

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by richman992, May 8, 2021.

1. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    I am looking for an LCT folding stock pin. Picture of the one I need is below. Cyma pins are too thin, but I will consider trying others. If you find a place to buy this pin, or have one, please let me know. Thanks

IMG_1681.jpg

2. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    It may be worth looking around local hardware stores or McMaster Carr for that pin. Chances are they will have it.

3. GrimWolf0770

GrimWolf0770 Active Member

Pittsburgh area
    Kic Taiwan? Found them to be slowish but very nice, and they will answer emails.

4. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    Man, been through this before on a DBoys AKS-74UN. Hoping you're able to find an answer. LCT folding-stock pins don't fit.

5. richman992

Rochester
    I’ve checked everywhere, including hardware stores, but the pin is just too unique. Real AK pins are 4.5 or 5.5mm, so it will have to be an LCT pin. I emailed LCT, I also found a triangle folder on WGC Shop that comes with a pin, but that’s $60. I don’t really want to drill the stock or lathe a pin if I don’t have to.

You don’t happen to have the non-fitting LCT pin do you?

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Those items are not just around...

You will need to fabricate one...or use a taper pin with additives.

7. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    Nah G, I had the DBOYS AKS-74UN almost a decade ago, but I ran into a similar issue.

8. richman992

Rochester
    Worth a shot, lol. LCT confirmed they are not sold separately. I’ll see if I can find one secondhand first, or I’ll just buy a stock unit that comes with a pin. I could make one, but at a certain point time/tooling invested isn’t worth it.

So yeah, if anyone has one, let me know.

9. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Put a stainless rod on a drill press and use it like a lathe...with a good file you can turn one out in a rather short period of time.

aotsukisho likes this.
  10. richman992

Rochester
    If all else fails, that’s likely what I will end up doing. That’s a solid piece of advice, I don’t want to modify the receiver if I can help it. Luckily there’s no hurry, so I’ll wait a bit longer to see if maybe I can hit the boneyard parts jackpot before I work on it.

11. richman992

Rochester
    Jackpot! By chance I actually found someone that had an extra pin. I may still make some spares of my own (or for others) now that I have one for reference. If you lose yours, you have no choice but to make it or buy either a replacement stock or stock adapter.

And obviously, I have to show off the completed project:

IMG_1853.jpg

12. NerfHurrDurr

NerfHurrDurr Member

I'll Check my McMaster-Carr manual for you just in case

13. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    That pin is unique...McMastercarr won't have anything like it.

richman992 likes this.