Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Lefse, Dec 3, 2013.
My intention isn't to reuse the bbs, it's just to make a fully durable bb trap.
I have a hanging towel that I shoot into...bbs hit it roll down into a box and I reuse...
I tried that, towel didn't last long with full auto fire. I also want a more compact and durable solution. The water method worked very well with my old design, but that design involved them ricocheting from a steel plate into the water so it was extremely noisy.
You need a heavier towel.
True, but I prefer the water method, takes up less room and no chance for the BB's to bounce back. My old water trap worked very well, but the chrono sat at a kinda awkward angle and the steel plate inside the shute made it extremely noisy.
It's been a while since my last post, summer time was super busy for me so didn't really have time for projects or posting. I've actually moved into a new apartment recently and I'm gonna build a new and tech bench for my new apartment.
I got started on it today, so far I've done most of the base. This time around I'm doing the base more properly, actually slotting the boards for the framework into the legs to make it nice and solid. I'll also try and have as few visible screws and nails as possible for a neater look.
The next part will be to build the upper part with shelves, a back wall with hooks to hang tools on and sveral small "rooms" for parts and such.
The old Elu router I inherited from my grandpa was very useful for making the slots for the frame boards. I'm definitely gonna use this machine more in future projects. I apologize for the meh image quality, using an old phone these days since the USB port on my other phone decided to not be an USB port anymore.
Welp, I'm finally getting back in the proverbial saddle. Things have taken more time than expected, partially because I lost my motivation for airsoft a few months ago, but I now have renewed motivation. My new teching area is finally finished, I've finished building and modifying the workbench (for now) and filled it with an alarming amount of tools and parts.
Sorry for the wide angle lens, the main camera on my phone decided it doesn't want to take clear photos anymore.
My new work bench all ready for teching, it has a total of 13 power outlets, might actually be enough:
Plenty parts and screws to choose from on the side here, the racks also work as nice little shelves to put stuff on:
I had a little whoopsie while putting stuff in place :
Also looks like I don't need to buy more motors for a while (I probably will though):
Finally time to break in my new workbench with a new gun, more specifically the Golden Eagle MP5 I got from GugesMk3 a while ago. Took it out of storage today and got started a bit, looked over the parts, radiused the gearbox shell and did a bit of planning. End goal is to build a CQB machine, performance goals will be 1.1-1.2 joules and close to 35 RPS to keep it within the local CQB rules.
It may be a cheap gun, but it's surprisingly well made, overall good tolerances and fitment and it's quite sturdy despite having an almost all plastic body. I think this can becaome a proper CQB machine.
I aim to please...