Legacy's Guide to Building a High Speed AEG

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by LegacyAirsoft, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Won't make a significant difference but every bit helps I guess. Easiest way to boost ROF is to increase the battery voltage.

-Spitfire- and 1tonne like this.
  2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Try LIHV and get a .1V bump per cell.

1tonne likes this.

3. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Will have to look into that

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Well-Known Member

Meadville
    Best piston for a DSG build? My SHS blew out and I’m not skimping

5. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    SHS/ Dream Army
    CYMA FMR
    Kratos

Expect to blow pistons on a DSG if the tuning isnt perfect. It also doesnt help things are made in batches and quality varies between them.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Well-Known Member

Meadville
    Good point, guess all I can do is hope then

7. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    So I thought I would experiment with stronger tappet plate springs. Normal tappet plate springs have 0.6mm thick wire. So I ordered a couple of different springs with different wide diameters from Aliexpress. So I got 0.8mm thickness (0.8mm*6mm*25mm) and also 1mm thickness. The 1mm thickness fitted over the front post but when closing the shell of the gearbox, the wire was getting in the way just a little. So I have not bothered with the 1mm as it is really overkill. The 0.8mm seems to fit really nicely but I have trimmer a couple of coils.
    I have not had time to test but I am pretty sure it will work a treat. So if you are wanting a better tappet plate spring, get a spring from Aliexpress that has 0.8mm thick wire.

8. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    So you have a link or screen shot of the listing for the springs you bought?

JHat likes this.
  9. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Get the 25mm spring. I then took off 2 coils and it works a treat. I tested the strength of it and it is a little stronger than my current spring that is already strong.

Attached Files:

-Spitfire- and Raven1st like this.