Legacy's Guide to Building a High Speed AEG

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by LegacyAirsoft, Nov 21, 2013.

1. kazuchan

kazuchan Member

on earth
    hmm, my rps is only around 33rps and 400 fps 1.86J, 0.25g. battery 1000 mah with 35C "advert" ( Main goal to hit 40 or 40+ rps ).

HS motor 50k rpm
    shs 13:1
    light swiss cheese.
    16 awg
    basic mosfet.

maybe try to use lower spring strength a bit and other battery.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    You need more voltage. If that is a 3S and you are not hitting a higher speed. That is a bad battery and motor.

Also why are you using a 1000mah? Is there a size issue. Most 1000mah LIPO are 14 years old in design and not very good for the price...unless you got them for 10.00 a pack. But you can get newer 1400mah for 15.00 a pack.

kazuchan likes this.

3. kazuchan

kazuchan Member

on earth
    yes, 3s battery, but there is size issue here, I must have to use "stick" lipo battery. ( E&L AK ). I tried to wire back at rear stock but the space too limit for 16AWG ( super tight fit ) and pretty sure it will get shattered after some fold stock.....

I'm lazy a bit at I only charged storage mode. I'm still waiting my 1300mah and 1400 mah 3s 30c for maximized my energy source.

edited: fix grammar.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  4. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    It's Stick, not "Sticker"

This is a Sticker

[​IMG]

You can get a 3S 1500mah HO LION in that compartment. Or a 1400mah long thin AK LIPO.

I have an E&L...a 2015 Prototype that is not sold in it's "Configuration" and I use it as a battery fitment tester.

kazuchan likes this.
  5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

How about copying the battery solution in the TM NGRS AK where it's stored in the gas tube and use a small racing grade brick li-po?

6. kazuchan

kazuchan Member

on earth
    gastube on E&L pretty small too, so i'm not sure about that.

I replaced lonex tapplet ( which look bent backwards some ) with another one not bent, use a little weaker spring . after test with 1300 mah 30c full charged, the rps only bring up a bit, 36rps with 390 fps w .25g.
    I hit some new problem: the fps when auto is mass drop , from 390 -------> 260, sometimes is 320. Is it normal ?

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    It is is you have a "soft" piston head o-ring.

kazuchan likes this.
  8. kazuchan

kazuchan Member

on earth
    tried with dsg tapplet , no luck.
    trim 2 coils tapplet spring, use alu ph head with other O-ring. no luck.
    I'm out of ideas now.

[​IMG]

9. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Active Member

Is your hop unit shimmed up to your gearbox with O-rings? Sounds like the vibration is making you lose your compression seal, if changing tappet and strengthening its return spring didn't fix it the leak might be external to the gearbox.

Use 5/16x7/16x1/16" O-rings. Danco #6, Oringsandmore #11

kazuchan likes this.
  10. kazuchan

kazuchan Member

on earth
    after tinking, check all things, I noticed the tapplet little stuck when it pulled at farest position.
    the fin on lonex tapplet is thinner than china tapplet/ dsg shs tapllet ( 0.4mm ), which make the nozzle pull all the way back>>>>>> fps bring back same like semi mode.
    with china tapplet/shs dsg, it will not pull at fartest position, on semi, it can bypass, but at auto mode it cause mass drop fps , more than 100+ fps.
    problem sloved.

thank all guys

-Spitfire- and Chow like this.