Legal problems in NY

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by STRIKE-RX, Jul 19, 2012.

1. STRIKE-RX

STRIKE-RX New Member

I just ordered a TDS SD97 Sniper rifle from Amazon and they canceled my order Because they can't send me the rifle for some laws reasons In NY ....so I was wondering if somebody in here had have the same issue and how could I solve it because i really want that rifle:(...thaks

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    You've gotta give us more than that.
    It sounds like you basically said, "I went to the bank to get money but was told it was illegal, so went home without any money"

You've gotta give us ALOT more input, for starters (and don't just answer these questions, add other information to it) how old are you, what'd you buy, how'd you pay, which seller did you get it from, is the seller reputable, did amazon cancel the order or did the store, is your credit card in good standings, what's the seller's feedback report, have you had any other problems in the past, what exactly did the cancellation say, which law was broken, etc?
    With the lack of information you've given nothing can be done to help, assist, or even begin to guide you to the right path correctly. All you're going to get are replies that say something on the lines of "Why are you buying from Amazon, but from an actual airsoft online retailer"

3. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    If you live in NYC, it is a problem. When I lived there, I got one of my first airsoft guns there. When I went to the airport and flew home, I was arrested and held for two hours because I had an airsoft gun in my suit case and had residence at Manhattan. That was quite a problem and the only thing that saved me from trouble was my father's diplomatic immunity.

4. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Are you arrested often, Shifty? JUST KIDDING!!!

OP, your best bet would be to move ;). As shifty said, New York is a big pain in stuff like this…….New York and Illinois.

As theonlybuster said, I think we’re going to need a lot more info. Out of curiosity, what gun were you attempting to purchase?

Edit: Never mind. Didn’t see that sentence.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  5. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    It was years ago. It was in 2008.

6. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    You are correct about Illinois. The local cops aren't all that bad the don't really care and kind of promote it with safety, on the other side of things in 2008 (yes same year Shifty had his trouble) the farming operation I own with my dad, sold some land to one of our friends, to build a grain terminal and when they got it, built I received permission to continue using the woods we played in since the woods are still my property. The only trouble I've had is BNSF guys coming to games and trying to kick us off my property, but the cop that showed up knew me, he said it was my property and carry on :D I know this was a little unrelated. But I hope the OP gets his gun, I know I tried ordering a paintball gun to have around for fun a couple years ago and bass pro would not ship it to me.

7. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Eh no. Op I'm not sure whether you live in the city or outside it. If you do then you're limited. First off I wouldn't order an airsoft gun off amazon. Here are some sites that ship guns to nyc.
    Evike
    Airsoft GI
    Airsoft Atlanta
    and others.

Airsoft megastore will ship gear bb's and mags but not guns.

Also airsoft laws in nyc are changing. Guns are perfectly legal as long as they are mostly clear or bright colored.

8. STRIKE-RX

STRIKE-RX New Member

Yup i live in the city....and the gun that i want now is a full metal sniper rifle and it's all black....:(. Guys i was thinking to send it to a different address my aunt's house in NJ so i can go there and pick it up...what do you guys think?

I'm 22 and i used my own credit card which is in good standings.....sorry for the lack of info

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2012
  9. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    You can do that or just order it from Evike, Airsoft GI, or Airsoft Atlanta and it will come right to your door...

10. STRIKE-RX

STRIKE-RX New Member

Thankz Bro..I just get my gun from Airsoft Megastore.....^^

11. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    How? I tried about 4 months ago and they said they don't ship to nyc.

12. 703

703 Active Member

Im in western NY and have no problems but if you live in the city (witch you do) most sites wont ship a gun to you. Call the site before ordering to see if they will or wont.

13. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    I got mine from Hong Kong (Cobra Airsoft) and they shipped to my door.

14. STRIKE-RX

STRIKE-RX New Member

Well.....looks like they're doing it now.....I bought a P90 for my brother and my Wellfire SR22 sniper rifle from there whitout a problem

15. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Most sites always say it under their shipping policy. But It seems to be that theres more sites that do ship then don't. For example, out of Airsoft Atlanta, Evike, Airsoft GI, and Airsoft Megastore, only 1 didn't ship to ny.