Lend a German a Hand...Or a Gun..

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Fritz, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fritz

Fritz New Member

Camp Shelby
    I've completed a good bit of research, but sadly, the reviews on most of the guns I've been looking at are downright sickening to read due to the fact they are reviewed by pre-teens. So this question is for the experienced gun-buyers out there....I have a budget of $250.00. I want a new assault rifle. Preferably an AEG. Thank you in advance! Sincerely--- Fritz

2. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    What type of gun would you like? M4, AK, etc.

3. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Any specific gun model. Style of play. CQB Field.

4. Fritz

Fritz New Member

Camp Shelby
    I prefer the M4 style. I usually play in woodland settings. Edit: Preferably with a decent rate of fire. I do not intend on upgrading.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  5. backyardsn1per

backyardsn1per New Member

Fennimore
  6. airsfter123

airsfter123 New Member

Ladera Ranch
  7. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    Buy a Classic Army. They are excellent guns.

8. ohioairsofter

ohioairsofter New Member

Without any fps restrictions that you will encounter at most cqb fields you can get a jg g36c and some mid caps and have at it. They run about 125 shipped and I played with a bunch of systema wielding goons and faired alright. They are durable polymer which translates into lightweight weapons.

9. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    I agree, a nice CA proline would do you well.

10. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    CA ProLine M4s, VFC M4s, ICS M4s, G&P M4s, G&G Top Tech M4s. All good guns.

11. RCV

RCV New Member

Dear God. Nobody has ever even mentioned CAs before now. Not even me. Only DM and Kline. Now it's like cancer.

But yes, they are fantastic. Better than a G&P for sure.

12. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    I was going to post a CA but they were all above $250 (the prolines I found) but not by much if you don't mind spending a bit more

13. ShooterMcgavin

New Port News
    Well I should say the X series from CA since that is really all I would buy.

14. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    CA's to me just give off more of a durable, rugged, battle worn look and feel than a G&P IMO. Granted I have never handled a G&P M4 but I have handled and shot a CA Proline and I liked it. G&P just seem fancy and sophisticated to me, which I don't really care for.

15. ShooterMcgavin

New Port News
    I would say that stock G&Ps may preform better than CAs atleast in ROF but CA has more durablity in my eyes. I also like the look of G&P externals better. The problem with CA is that they had some bad CQ a while back, esp in their Sportline guns, and they lost a lot of popularity.

16. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Yeah, had one experience with a sportline gearbox and it was BAD

17. ohioairsofter

ohioairsofter New Member

This is important. Their quality definitely went up and their gearboxes were put together nicely. Before you could have issues with too much grease and bad contact points with the gear teeth. I purchased the LWRC blowback and it was flawless.

18. Fritz

Fritz New Member

Camp Shelby
    Thanks, people. Once I make a final decision, I'll attempt to post the link here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.