Lens protector

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by SpecialForcesSniper, Aug 19, 2012.

1. SpecialForcesSniper

SpecialForcesSniper New Member

What is the best lens protector for an EOTech replica

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Clearly you didn't search because I posted in a identical thread like this one earlier today. I'll post the same link I posted in that one just to help you out, but please search next time.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_177&products_id=30559

Search around on the internet as well most of these things will be in the scopes and red dot accessories sections all over different websites.

3. SpecialForcesSniper

I was told that one did not work very well

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Then search away....... Try Gi or other popular websites, I'm sure you can find something.

5. SpecialForcesSniper

Is r
    That what you have or you just found it

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Just found it by searching lens protector.

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    From personal experience, I had (And might still have) it on my EOtech 552. It protects the optic. If you keep it clean, it'll be easy to view through.
    But overall I recommend the mesh optic protector. The one downside is when it gets scratches it can sometimes glare the user, so you'll either want to replace it or get a black marker and re-color in the faded or chipped areas.
    I purchased mine off eBay about 2yrs ago, and sadly haven't really seen them since.

Edit:
    Here ya go. Looks very similar to this: http://www.priceangels.com/551-557-...pe-Kill-Flash---Defender--Black--s114915.html
    Keep in mind that if you're new to mesh, it'll take you a bit of time to for your eyes to adjust and get used to it.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    make your own out of thick lexan... if you have a bench grinder and access to either home depot or amazon, it's easy.

9. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    I have that crappy one in the first link... hate it! I am going to go with one of those mesh ones as Buster linked to. thank you buster as I asked about those a couple weeks ago and was still not too informed on them.
    now I will be getting one.

10. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Are there any lens protectors out there made to keep scratches off real eotechs? One of those would probably be the best option.

11. SpecialForcesSniper

Yes but I heard it wasnt that good

12. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
  13. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I handmade my own out of safety glasses from Home Depot. I used a Dremel, and measured everything out, and it works really well. I made a scratch with the Dremel, but it was my fault, and I don't want to make a new one, so I don't mind.