Les Baer Build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by dman10, Sep 1, 2012.

1. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
    So, I'm going to build a one-of-a-kind Barrett m82 airsoft gun, homemade metal receiver, metal bipod, carry handle, the whole works. since I dont have the real steel to getmy hands on, I just to a diagram and scaled it up on my computer, and if anyone out there has the real steel or the the airsoft m82 could you please check my measurements? This is what I have so far.
    http://s1151.photobucket.com/albums/o623/daniel_dale1/?action=view&current=barrett.png
    Here's my specs:
    custom made heavy duty aluminum receiver
    any high fps m4/m16 gearbox/lower receiver
    custom metal bipod
    ???barrel???
    preferably 400 fps or above

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    Are you going to CNC the receiver, that would be the best, but most expensive option

3. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Bend to shape? That will not work very well.

4. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    You may want to try some simple metal working before this. Quite frankly I don't even think you could bend sheet into any shape with more than four corners.

5. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Good luck bending the lower.
    The pictures your are putting up make very little sense to me.

6. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Why are your pictures just drawings?

7. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Here's a pic of my m82 with me aiming...

image-2355612816.jpg

I'm with the others, your pictures aren't really helping. The barrett is a little more detailed then two pieces of bent rectangles. If you want to CNC this entire gun, ditch the gearbox and put a polar star inside.

Attached Files:

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Wow.... Listerines a teddy bear.... Dude are you like TED? Lol

OP, like everyone has already stated, it won't be easy to bend metal to create this gun. You may be able to do it, but it will be missing a lot of the detail. If you can find someone to cnc it then do that. I'm interested in this project, and I really hope you can make this thing look good. Best of luck.

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Nah, he's not TED.
    He'd be scared every time when he fires the gun.

Thunder buddy for life right Johnny :p

On a serious note, I'd rather just make it a GBB Barrett with full travel bolt...

10. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
  11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    If you have acess to a machine shop you will have to be there quite often, making brackets, the barrel, the top rail, other small things etc. (end of thinking capacity) this is not something to undertake without knowledge on how it's made, and how thick is the aluminum you want to use for the receiver

12. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
    I wouldn't mind even getting a receiver from a old airsoft Barrett and putting in my own internals and stuff but I can't find one, so that idea is out.

13. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  14. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

I wouldn't mind helping, but I won't be home for about a week.

15. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
    Well, that's fine but if I don't get measurements soon i'm going to get bored with it and move onto some other project. I emailed Barrett today and hopefully they'l come through.

16. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
    Yeah, that will help. Do you have any pictures of yours by like a m4, 1911, or some other common gun just so I can get a comparison size?

17. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    What will you do about the magazine?

18. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
    Umm....not sure, see if I can modify a magazine to fit in a fake shell or make the magazine look like the m95 magazine.