Airsoft Forum banner
2,321 - 2,340 of 2,352 Posts
Wood Tool Aircraft Electric blue Creative arts

1. "We already have AK at home" build. Parts bin special, on a CA receiver.

2. E&L Romanian AK

3. CYMA AK-74MN

4. Bastardized LCT AK. Originally a TX Baby AK.

5. CYMA AKS-74

Figured if I'm gonna dredge up this old thread, I'd make it worthwhile. Current group shot of my primaries. I don't really have a favorite, I built them all with a specific purpose in mind. They are all a blast to run though!

Heard we were doing AK stuff over here again

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

Just recently flat hopped, installed v3 leviathan and redid some external stuff. I think it needs a PSO though…

Anyone ever seen/heard of a real AKS-74U with a Romanian Stock?

Only the WZ 89. But it's not *technically* a Romanian stock, or an aks74u for that matter:

Machine gun Trigger Air gun Line Gun barrel

Reactions: Chow
Well...interesting. You are quite the SME for AK's Richman

Now below...does this offend any AK Senses?

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Gun barrel

Ooof that barrel extension hurts a little bit.

I won’t get into my rant about Romanian right side folders… and the lack of a side rail mount to make them beneficial.

I know that I am about to make at least 20 enemies but...

Is it weird that I like it?!

It is a prototype from the Era of E&L Gen 1.5

It had a "normal" front end and shot ~338fps, but it had a Type 1 Cylinder. So, I had the shop tech put in a 375mm just to check to see if the AEG was over volumed and it was. Last chrono I got off it in 2014 was ~391fps. So I stuck on a Hephaestus 24mm to 14mm adapter and a LCT MB70 A2 "5" hider to cover the longer inner barrel and it sat in storage ever since...

I have those that liken this to a HK94, another typical short barrel item that has a long barrel attached for "civilian" use.

While we're on the topic of 74u's:

Air gun Machine gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Wood

Bought some boneyard bolt 74u's. Realized a majority of the screws and pins were missing, and that I was in over my head. Threw the barrel, components and dust cover onto my LCT. Success?

Reactions: Chow and Wingman703
Been scooping up and reviving boneyard builds lately. Thought I'd share this goofy underfolder, it arrived to me as a bare barrel and broken receiver.

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

Eventually I'll track down a side folding receiver for it, and probably throw a 74m stock on to even out the look. I have other plans for the under folding receiver anyway.

Reactions: Chow
Here's my E&L AKM, modified into an MPi-KM-72.

Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel

I also had this old East German bayonet laying around, so I tried it on, but I felt like it wasn't going all the way. The bayonet is a Type I "transitional" bayonet, meaning it has a Type I handle, but a Type II plastic scabbard, which means it was made anywhere between 1979-1985.

Trigger Air gun Wood Grey Gun barrel

Here's my E&L AKM, modified into an MPi-KM-72.

View attachment 176017

I also had this old East German bayonet laying around, so I tried it on, but I felt like it wasn't going all the way. The bayonet is a Type I "transitional" bayonet, meaning it has a Type I handle, but a Type II plastic scabbard, which means it was made anywhere between 1979-1985.

View attachment 176019
Bravo, I'm sure getting the stock fitted was no small task. Looks great!

Reactions: OverdriveRules
Bravo, I'm sure getting the stock fitted was no small task. Looks great!
Thank you! Yeah, the stock not only involved plenty of cutting and Dremel work, but this particular stock - manufactured in September of 1971 - had never been fitted to a rifle, so that also meant the screw holes for the front of the stock, the butt plate and the sling swivel had to be drilled out as well. Still, I'm quite satisfied with the results!

EDIT: Also, I had ordered an authentic East German side-folder stock because I wanted to make this into an MPi-KMS-72, but due to the design of the receiver and the gearbox, fitment would've been impossible, so now I'm going to sell that to someone who wants such a stock for their real steel AK.

Reactions: richman992
2,321 - 2,340 of 2,352 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.