Lipo batteries

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Flamesword47, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

I watched a few videos of guns using cray lipo batteries and getting extreme RoF's. Im going to stay with my intellect 8.4v 1600mah batteries so I don't strip my gears cuz my gun is a stock cyma 60th anniversary tactical RIS ak47, and I have no idea If it's lipo ready. Not that I'm interested but are there any guns that can run a lipo 14.8v battery out of the box with multiple sessions of continuous usage? If so they must be really high end. Even after seeing A crazy rof im gunna stick with my AK without lipo.

2. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Simply put, no there are not. That requires lots of upgrades

3. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

I thought so. A 14.8 literally explodes the guns. I'm also attaching the link to the video of the Walmart Uzi on the 14.8v lipo that somebody said something about earlier, it literally just strips the gears and stops. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6TPEX6ORC0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

4. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Actually there is a video of an uzi from walmart lasting several minutes of firing from an 14.8v lipo. But their are simply no guns that can handle on stock. That is a extreamly high output battery. Some guns can handle 7.4 volts and apparently matrix makes some that can handle an 11.1 volt lipo.

EDIT: Wow sniped by the op. I would say that uzi is lipo ready.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  5. TopShot21

TopShot21 New Member

Yesterday there was a guy with a lipo in a combat machine.

6. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Well it must of been upgraded or he will not have that gun for much longer.

7. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    1) Matrix is Evikes in house brand. (majority of it is rebrands).
    2) standard 7.4v LiPos = standard 9.6v NiMh. Pretty much all stock guns can handle a 7.4 lipo with ease.
    3) When running a 11.1v lipo on a stock gun, you are simply putting a lot more stress on the internals. And you could possibly fry your trigger contacts.

8. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    Don't want to cause a whole debate but based on my experience,

7.4 lipos offer a faster trigger response than a 9.6

However, I have always gotten about a 15% higher rate of fire with a 9.6>7.4 lipo.

This was tested with 3 different lipos, all 30~50c and all wired to deans.

9. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    All Lipo related information can be found here: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/lipo-info-thread-12661/

7.4v Lipos are the norm, 11.1v would be next and typically the highest you'll normally see.
    Keep in mind it's not just the voltage but also the discharge rate that details how the gun will perform as an end result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.