Lipo Batteries

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Clandy150, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Clandy150

Clandy150 New Member

OK so i was wondering if a 1,200 or a 1,300mah lipo battery will fit in a standard M4 buffer tube

2. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    the mah rating of a battery doesn't always depict its size.

And if it did, then the two mah ratings you mentioned won't make much of a difference anyway.

I have a 11.1v 2200 mah lipo battery and a couple 11.1v 1500 mah lipo batteries and the 2200 mah battery is only thicker than the others by half of a centimeter.

Try posting a link to where you plan on getting the batterys. The information provided is of no real help.

3. Clandy150

Clandy150 New Member

I was wondering if a 1,200 stick 7.4 lipo would fit in a m4 buffer tube

4. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    Mine does, but it depends, give us a link.

5. Operator88

Operator88 New Member

I don't have any lipoly batteries below 2,000 mAh, but what I've done with my DMR is taped (black electrical tape) my 4,000mAh battery onto the lower-rear/right side of my crane stock.

This is a picture of my Lipoly setup.

image-948957055.jpg

image-4008132874.jpg

As you can see, the cord is visible only for an inch and then goes into a hole in the butt of the stock. I can't get close-up picture of it at the time but those were some old pictures I'd taken.

Overall, it's barely noticeable at all and functions perfectly.

6. Napple

Napple New Member

Needs a full stock. Once you get a full stock the battery will fit too. Kind of like my dmr:

Attached Files:

7. Clandy150

Clandy150 New Member

Nvm i got it thank you so much i appreciate it thank you.

8. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    If it ends up being too big, you can get a pistol mag pouch and strap it to your stock or wherever and that will make a pretty nice battery holder.

9. Operator88

Operator88 New Member

Yeah my gun i'm buying for myself for christmas is a G&P SAM-R rifle which has a full stock. I'll have the lipo stored in it now :D

10. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
  11. Clandy150

Clandy150 New Member

But will a 1200mah fit cause I now 1000mah will fit causei would think you would have to cram the 1200 in the buffer tube.

12. Rrfguitarman

Rrfguitarman New Member

Alright, so I'm brand new to using Lipos and hearing some of the cons tends to make a newbie fear for their gearbox's life expectancy. What I would like to know is if someone could explain to me the difference between a 7.4 lipo and an 11.1 lipo (not the voltage/output) in terms of whether they are interchangeable.

What i'd like to know is if I can put an 11.1 into a "7.4v lipo ready" gun, namely a G&P M4

Hopefully somebody helps me out here...:)

13. Recordthisforquality

Recordthisforquality New Member

Lipo ready is a lie. Install a mosfet to save trigger contacts if you choose an 11.1v..