Lipo in buffer tube?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by UBCSWraith, Aug 6, 2012.

1. UBCSWraith

UBCSWraith New Member

So I have a VFC 416, and I'd like to put a 7.4 lipo in the buffer tube. I've seen special lipos designed for this, but will it fit in my standard buffer tube or do I need to buy something like the SOCOMGEAR buffer tube? The SOCOMGEAR tube is specifically designed for these special 7.4 lipos, but I'd rather not buy it if I don't need it.

Do I need a new wire set or will the stock set do?

If it matters, I want to attach an LE or MOE stock in place of the crane stock.

Thanks,
    Wraith

2. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I run a 7.4v lipo in my buffer tube. You can use the standard buffer tube with a stock gun without any internal damage.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    I run an 11.1v lipo in my VFC 416 buffer tube. As long as you get a buffer tube size battery, it'll fit.

4. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Are you running that stock? B/c that is what I was thinking of doing with mine.

5. UBCSWraith

UBCSWraith New Member

Many thanks Jake and Knief! I only plan on running a 7.4, but the fact that you're running an 11.1 in the buffer tube boosts my confidence in doing this a little.

So no wiring issues either?

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    None yet. I've only had the gun for a month or two, so no long term reports, but everything is fine so far. And yeah Jake, it's still 100% stock.

7. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

How much do these run and where can I find these batteries?

8. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

I was thinking of doing this and changing from a cranestock to a CTR stock on account of difficulty getting a decent cheekweld so I can see down my optic with a lower mesh mask on. Would this be sensible, ie, would it bring about more problems than it solves? Thanks

9. cysko

cysko New Member

Basically you can find lipo's on any website but I got my crane stock 7.4 on amazon for like $15, but also remember to get a charger for the lipo because normal chargers can charge it but it's safer if you get one designed to charge lipo's(that way it won't expand and explode or etc...)

10. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

hobbyking.com, hobbypartz.com, and cheapbatterypacks.com are good places to get lipos.

11. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    +1
    Also check on Ebay. I got a Firefox 11.1 Lipo for like 8.00 inlcluding shipping.

Only thing I should note about hobbyking is they have 2 warehouses, one stateside one thats not so just be aware of this if orering from here.

Also if you havn't you should switch your connectors over to deans.

12. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

Also, get yourself a mosfet, with a Lipo, it's a must!