Little Immature Players Ruining Airsoft

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by INFANTRYPRO, Aug 4, 2012.

1. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

Has anyone noticed all these stupid immature little brats ruining our good sport? This honestly is really starting to annoy me. Like just recently I was at my local field and there was these two or three eleven year olds I believe and they're just yelling over next to me with their high pitched voices and their stupid G&G's they made their parents but for them. They just kept running around, not puting any knowledge into what they where doing. They just kept thinking they where BA with their little CO2 pistols running around calling hits that never happened then whining cause the other player "cheated". Then one of them came I've and started looking at my upgraded Tokyo Marui Thompson and asked if I would trade and they kept thinking they knew what they where talking about. They would just keep saying " a G&G M16 is worth that trust me" and they wouldn't leave me alone. And I'm not done yet, then after that intervention we went to play a game, they kept yelling all these fake commands that they probably saw in Call of Duty. After that game they came up to me and they where just like " that's no fair your gun is better. That's why I lost, it's just no fair". I don't know it just annoys me that kids like these are ruining our good sport.

2. Jacgren

Jacgren Member

Katonah
    To be honest, I think most of us went through that phase when we started playing.

3. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Not if you started playing at 14! :D :p

4. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

I don't think I ever did. I was always the calm mature one to listen up to whatever anyone has to say an do it. I never whined or anything nor did I act pathetic about a situation. But I will admit I did act like I knew what I wa talking about for the first month of playing. After all my research I conducted and all the day dreams I learned a bunch.

5. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    I never did, but I was over 40 when I started! LOL

6. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    I did, but I was farther along than anyone else in my area, and they did it a lot longer than I. Now, being the captain of a small team, the goal is to train people out of that. I think our wonderful sport will always have those players, that's the nature of the beast. But they are will be the next to fill the ranks, so we have to teach them, make them learn what is right. That's a hard and annoying thing to have to do, but it's also cool to be a part of IMO.

7. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    its not just the kids thats getting to me its the increasing numbers of players not calling hits. sad part is the last game I went to the promoter kept changing the rules to try to benefit the other team. its just sad as they still lost. the whole team was either in their respawn or withing 60 feet.

8. MR38

MR38 Active Member

Washington
    I believe I skipped that stage as well. I was 16 when I "rediscovered" airsoft and spent about 3 months of chairsofting before I play my first skirmish at a sanctioned field.

9. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Not calling hits is bad, and I agree is growing worse. That is treated a whole different way than teaching and example.

10. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

I have little kids next door running around shooting there clear walmart shotguns at the sky. In the tree's and around their yard. Running out front of there house shooting each other. I actually yelled at them.

11. CQB

CQB New Member

Walk out side with your layout and say, "Who wants to play real airsoft". If they accept your challenge, shoot all them and leave none without the knowledge of what real airsoft guns can do.

12. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Chairsoft status: 9 months In response to OP I discovered airsoft at the age of 14 but even if I had at 11 my attitude would not have been any different. I've always been more mature than most of the people in my age group.

13. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

There like 9 and when I yelled at them they just blew me off so i walked over and talk to their and he was furious.

14. MadWulf

MadWulf New Member

Litchfield
    The immaturity issue that's making problems with the sport seems centered around those players who take to believing that because AirSoft isn't played with lethal munitions, our weapons are 'toys' and then are treated as such. Whining about 'fairness' on the part of the immature player and not accepting shots are, in my opinion, a sure sign of poor sportsmanship and even poorer general upbringing; these are the console cowboys who can't play MW3 without limiters on their XBOXes to cheat to win, and their lack of honor is reflected in their play style in our sport.
    Parents who saddle up their brats with whatever the 'in' gear is and send their ill-mannered seed out to play are as at fault as these same pisspoor attitude players, IMHO, and should not be allowed to enter their ill-managed little darlings into anything but backyard shenanigans - but as it is in any sport ( and has already been stated in this thread) there's bad apples in every bunch...
    A tried and true recipe my local field has is to 'full auto' those players who routinely refuse to call hits, in hopes that after catching a full magazine at 400 FPS, it will widen up some but the worst offenders; this has at times worked, but not always. Better to refuse chronic cheaters gameplay than to tolerate their bad behavior, that's my suggestion. Only problem there becomes that type will be the ones shooting at people in the streets and giving the sport a bad name to law enforcement and the public in general... and I have yet to come up with an effective means to fix stupid.

15. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Perfect example:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEUe6sllEw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEUe6sllEw[/ame]

16. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
  17. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    I still believe that he told his friend to say it was fake.

18. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

Still it doesn't matter if it was fake or not, it still gives airsoft a bad name.

19. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Very true he is outside with his airsoft gun in a neighborhood pretending to shoot someone. The people in there houses cant see if he did or not.

This guy look 18 or 19 chasing kids with a airsoft gun in what looks like to be a park. I didnt listen to I just watched it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PkmLAQoKgI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PkmLAQoKgI[/ame]

20. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    ^What did I just watch?