Lonex pistons with wide teeth

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Lefse, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm wondering which retailers sell the wide teeth version of the Lonex pistons? As far as I know there are two versions, one with 4,6mm wide teeth and one version with 6,6mm wide teeth, I want the version with the wider teeth because they are easier to work with. Anyone know what version they sell at Ehobby Asia and WGC Shop?

I would highly appreciate any solid input on this subject. :)

2. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Im a Lonex distributor, an AFAIK there is only 1 size tooth width.

When they first came out with their pistons, their Blue pistons had a wider rack than the Red pistons. AFAIK they changed the blue dimensions to the narrower Red pistons dimensions almost a year ago.

3. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Hey Lefse, it's OpenField.

Why would their blue pistons have a wider rack if it was just going to be reverted back to the normal dimensions? This makes no sense to me, as that essentially makes both pistons the same.

4. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Ask Lonex. Why did SHS redesign their Bevel gears to be much weaker than their originals?

I'd think that they were testing them. Trying to figure out what works for them as a manufacturer, and what works for us Techs. That or the pistons are much stronger with a narrower rack.

5. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Here you go buddy. HivemindAirsoft.com

Attached Files:

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hmm, shame you don't stock the Lonex POM heads too, but at least i now have one confirmed retailer.

7. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    In time we will. The next big project is getting Prommy barrels, and Lonex Hop up units so we can start knocking out drop in ER'd units.

We may be able to get an order of PH's in with the HU's as well. It depends on the Prommy supply.