Long range AEG

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by iMarksman, Oct 22, 2012.

1. iMarksman

iMarksman New Member

NOT a DMR, but something longer range then most other Aeg's. want accuracy up to 200-300ft.

Been looking at these guns:
    VFC Scar MK-17 SSR, G&P SPR/A, G&G Aug a3. My price range is about 500 for the gun.

Thanks!

V

2. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    VFC HK417 and a nice R hop along with a prometheus 6.03 should give you some good range. Also look into tokyo marui's.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Grab a JG M16 or a DBOYs M16. Both solid guns. A DBOYS Mk12 would do you well as well. Heck, you can just run an M4 if you want as I can easily stretch my 12" M4 out to 250 ft with an IR Hop installed. Anyways, on to what you should do to the gun. Also, I hope you are familiar with gearbox work :p.

-Pick up a Lonex or Guarder bucking and install an R Hop. Alternatively, you could flat hop the bucking too. Either way, grab an M Nub or make a nub out of Pink Eraser that is similiar to an M Nub.
    -Grab a 6.03 or 6.05mm Barrel and stabilize it using teflon tape. You can also use HS5's barrel shims. Prometheus Barrels are perfect for this.
    -Do as many consistency mods as you can. Shim the hop up arm, do the hop up O ring mod, etc.
    -Perfect your compression. Teflon your bucking, anaerobic gasket maker between the bucking and barrel on the front contact point, POM airseal nozzle, new piston head o ring(Viton #14), and anaerobic gasket maker on the cylinder head.
    -Basic mods that should be done to all your guns (AOE, reshim, lube, rewire, etc.)
    -If you don't get a JG, pick up a Lonex Torque or Balanced motor. Both will be great motors (I own both)
    -Grab some really nice BBs. They help more than you think.
    -Make sure your FPS varies no more than +-3 fps. Accuracy at range is all about consistency.

4. iMarksman

iMarksman New Member

How do they shoot out of the box? I haven't seen a reliable review, some say its shooting over 400 out of the box others say like 350

5. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Stock fps is not a huge factor. You will have to upgrade to get the range.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  6. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Exactly,and listen to archer.He's a boss.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  7. iMarksman

iMarksman New Member

I absolutely dislike the base m16/m4 look. I carried a real one in the marines for too long to ever want to hold one again. Lol

8. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    How about a l85a2?There very comfortable from what ive heard and they accept m4/m16 mags.Also the split gearbox allows you to quickly change fps to differant field limits.

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    And I'm his boss :p

Build a regular field rifle, full auto, 400fps or whatever the limit is at your field.

ER-hop, done.

Base gun doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't have some f'd up spec.

10. Raptor1-0-1

Raptor1-0-1 New Member

G&G gr15 raider xl works amazing get the hop up just right I'm clearing 100+ft. add a new spring and tbb and your set

11. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I advise against that. G&Gs have been inconsistent lately.

I agree with Archer and EDI. They both know what they are doing. Listen to them, and you will learn a lot...

12. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    100ft is nothing......like...nothing.....

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    ^what that guy said... Lol. A stock TM Pistol can get ~150 ft if not more. Lol.

14. RCV

RCV New Member

1) Buy gun that you like. They are all pretty good nowadays.
    2) Rhop it.
    3) Heavy BBs.

Done.

15. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Meh, I always get to these threads late -_-

There is nothing else to add, R-hop/ER-hop, heavy bbs, done. Archer covered it, EDI did, RCV...

16. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Ok just forget about me :(

17. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    @Username
    That's why he put three dots. In literature, that usually means you cut something out.

18. BCkid

BCkid New Member

What About a electric sniper?

Good fps, semi auto

19. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Lol.... sniper RIFLE. I sure hope there isn't an electric human that has good fps and is semi auto. :rollseyes:

Honestly, just look back in the thread... We covered it more than three times.

20. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    I think he wants full auto as well, in addition to this, he would need considerably more upgrades to make it worth while even though it's an AEG he would still need a couple more parts.