Long range and accuracy motor

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by awillm1, Aug 12, 2012.

1. awillm1

awillm1 New Member

What motor should I get to get better range and accuracy? For cheap. And for m4.

2. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Motors do not affect range or accuracy. Motors can affect ROF and Trigger Response though. Most people choose a High Torque neodymium magnet motor. Lonex and SHS both make a pretty good one. And M4s use a long type motor.
    High Torque motors are also necessary for high FPS builds. And range and accuracy are determined by a combination of spring stiffness, hop up unit, and barrel.
    :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012

3. awillm1

awillm1 New Member

What upgrades should I do then?

4. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    What is your desired outcome? Greater range/accuracy?

5. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    What is your goal? "accurate" isn't really clear.

What would be a goal rate of fire?

What would be a goal fps?

What is your budget?

Knowing this, helps us help you :)

6. awillm1

awillm1 New Member

Well I play at an all outdoor area and the targets are usually 100-150 yards away and fps around 450 and rof dosent matter

7. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Every single target is over a football field away? How do you even hit them in the first place?

Anyway, get a 6.03 barrel, Rhop, and use .25s or higher and you'll have much better range and accuracy.

8. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    An increase in range and accuracy will come from...
    -Quality BBs. Try anything .25g and higher. I personally prefer .30s in my M4.
    -A finely tuned Hop Up Unit. There are also other options besides the standard nub. The Flat Hop + SCS nub is a popular combination but the best is supposed to be the R-Hop.
    -A quality Tight Bore Barrel - I use MadBull 6.03mm barrels and get pretty good results.
    -A clean barrell
    -A consistent FPS

Word of warning: just throwing in a TBB will not give you much better results. It needs to be fine tuned.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012