Long range hopup bucking

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by that1m4lover, Oct 28, 2012.

1. that1m4lover

that1m4lover New Member

Hey guys, I am trying to get as much range as possible out of my Kwa cqr mod 2, I have picked out a tightbore barrel, now all I need now is a new bucking. I have heard good things about the r-hop but i would like to have your guys' opinion on a good, quality bucking for longer ranges. Thank you!!

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    The R-hops good but an ER-hop will be better (E stands for elongated or something) then just use your stock bucking and shave off the nub inside of your bucking. If you don't want to install the ER-hop (most don't, it involves some barrel modifications) either find someone to do it for you or look into Madbull blue buckings, Lonex, or other hard buckings.

3. that1m4lover

that1m4lover New Member

So, the harder the bucking the farther the range??

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Depends on how powerful your gun is shooting and the weight of bb's you use in it.

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Negative. The bucking's hardness is directly related to the velocity you're shooting.
    Has no correlation with distance.

The R-Hop and the other _-hops supposedly work best with heavy weight BBs, as in .25g Minimum, .28 or .30g BBs recommended with many builds.

6. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    I've put a PDI W-Hold bucking in both a KWA SR10 and KM4A1 and have had good results. Since the KWA stock barrels out of Japan have generally run between 6.02 and 6.06 (even though they are advertised as 6.05), I'd replace the bucking first before replacing the barrel. My SR10 actually came in with either a 6.02 or 6.03 barrel. I replaced it with an aftermarket 6.01 TBB and found that accuracy was better with the stock barrel. I didn't even get a FPS boost from the TBB. Save your money until after you try a new bucking.

By the way, if you want a quick FPS boost, switch out your CQR cylinder (type 3/4) for a standard one from KWA (Type 4/5). http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/cylinder-hole-location-vs-barrel-length-guide-chart-2518/ Moving the ports back from the cylinder head increases your effective cylinder volume and should generally increase your FPS (presuming everything else remains the same). That will increase your FPS from @350 FPS to somewhere between 385-400 FPS. You can pick one up from KWA's website. Just a thought...