Looking at m249s.

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by The Lords Hand, Jul 26, 2021.

1. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    Hello. Did my first game this weekend and d like a legit support weapon. I have a featherweight but its got a v2 so i cant really lay on the trigger like id like to. I have several saw drum mags so id like to stick with the saw platform. Im ok with 400ish but not much over so those 700-800 ones are out. I like the looks of the a&k m46 but durability is more my concern externally and internally. So which ones has the community have seen as reliable? Alternatively would a rpk with a v3 work as a support weapon? Would the v3 hold up to continual burst over a v2? Or is it more the gears or other internals that hold up better in the lmg gearbox vs the v2 v3?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Umm...who told you that a V2 with a M120 in it can't handle FA fire for the whole drum?

Whoever told you that...don't listen to them any more on about "laying on the trigger".

If a mechbox is going to run for 100,000 shots before it fails, regardless of burst Fire or full FA fire...it's going to fail at 100K.

If a field told you this, it's more about getting off the trigger during a jam versus blowing up a mechbox with FA fire during a jam.

If the AEG is made from a good supplier...the 400FPs standard will be no issues in "any" platform.

You can go this route for a faux LMG that won't break the budget.

FL MCR.JPG

https://www.wgcshop.com/collections...en-eagle-fightlite-mcr-lmg-aeg-belt-fed-upper

3. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    I read on here that the v2s dont hold up well for the lmg role. That the actual lmg gearboxes were much stronger. Field was fine with how i was playing. People wanted me behind them for cover. I love shooting a ton of bbs and watching heads go down. Deffinetly my style of gameplay. Im cool with spending money on a ton of bbs but i want a gun with strong internals. So do you recommend the v2 over the lmg/saw/v8 for me playing like this? I went through 5k bbs that day. In the long run am i better of with one over the other?

4. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    Follow up question. If im incorrect on what i read about lmg gearbox vs v2 gearboxes then i should just keep the featherlight as my lmg and replace with better parts as needed? What would you recommend for higher quality complete gearboxes? Id like to have a replacement ready to go.

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    We'll you have some misconceptions.

A V8 mechbox are not "exclusive to LMG's" In fact, none< of them actually use a V8 Mechbox. That MB is actually a V2 with a mechanical Burst Fire gearing first showing up on the TM Type 89

[​IMG]

[​IMG] <- V8 TM Mechbox.

What you maybe thinking is the LMG Mechbox that was used in CA's (and a few others) and now commonly found in a A&K LMG.

[​IMG]

Yes, these mechboxes are "structurally" far more robust.

However, a V2 MB based LMG is not that weak if it comes from the right maker and if you are shooting at regular AEG speed levels.

6. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    Yep thats what i was thinking. So what do you think of the a&k m249s? I can push my spending to 500 and i see evike run specials on them monthly. Order a better quality gun that would be better overall in the long run for me or just keep replacing gearboxes on my featherweight as i kill them? Im complety sure support is the role i want. It was the most fun. And im not to far from you. Do you have any lmgs youre selling? Ideally ones you have a 2nd gearbox for also or easily available. I know im going to be rough on my gun intially and go through parts while im finding my feel it during game play.

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Nope...I don't carry LMG's The call for them come far and few in between. I just special order them on request.

8. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
  9. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
  10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Ares on it's best day will never be 1/2 as good as Krytac.

11. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
  12. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    You shouldn't be buying parts and upgrading at this time.

Evike G&P parts are suspect and not very good, especially that i5 unit, which is out of stock for a reason. Plus, that is a China made LMG and it will not use Hong Kong Spec parts very well.

And the hop-up unit is not needed. Rather you should be changing the rubber inside.

13. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    I did put a prommy red in it. But with the stock hop up you can only use a round nub. What would a good solid complete gearbox for this that would hold up to lmg type play would you recommend?

14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    And you put in that red because your shooting 400fps?

That info is "wrong". You can run soft at 400fps and if you do...it requires less dial to hop bbs and that means a higher FPS.

All nubs are round at the connection point, but some packings are contoured and some nubs are designed to run with that contour. I'e..the Maple Leaf Omega Nub and then a SM or MR packing for near R-Hop Performance with slip on simplicity.

For that model, there is no "solid" mechbox you can drop into it...you can find a comparable China box that "may" fit...but you will not find anything that is drop in "better" than what you have now.

That is the case with a CYB product...

15. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    I used the red since it should last longer. Wasn't concerned with fps. I think it was in the 350s when chronod. I think I have a purple prommy and modify soft with the flathop nub but that won't fit in the hole.

16. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Anything other than a legacy style hop-up requires barrel window modification.

17. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    Man this gets confusing. Keeps circling me back to just buy krytacs and hope their parts fit their guns when replacements are needed.

18. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Airsoft is a No Standard, you get what you pay for, buyer beware industry.

American Consumerism, does not apply.

19. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    You told me at the start :)

aotsukisho likes this.