Looking for a certain color.

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Username94, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Hey guys, since I live in New York City, I've been thinking about making my gun legal. It has to be at least half brightly colored to be considered NYC legal. Now of course I don't want a bright pink or orange gun considering I play field. I need a paint color that is bright green, yet still subdued enough to blend in with leaves and grass and my other surroundings? If anyone remember how Pvt. Parts painted his SRC, I'm looking for a green in that shade. I have looked up some colors but they are hard to find and some coloring maybe off through the internet. Can anybody give me a name of some good shades to use?

2. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    He used Krylon Camouflage Light Green Flat

3. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Thankyou :) I'm not sure if you or someone else knows much about these laws stating "guns must be brightly colored" but would that be a legal color?

4. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    Don't know. Sorry

5. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    its okay thankyou, at least I now know the color :)

6. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Has anyone stopped to think you can paint a real gun in a "bright" color. I've seen plenty of pink guns marketed towards girls...IMO the law is stupid. I get the reason but honestly a cop isn't going to shoot you if your gun is pink or some other bright color, point it at them and I can almost guarentee they will take it serious. People have been shot for pretending there cell phone is a gun.

Anyways go to walmart or lowes and find the krylon camo paints. Sometimes they have a spot where you can "test" it out.

7. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    And here I thought California's laws were idiotic.

8. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    Hot pink. Just do it.

I highly doubt that shade of green that Pvt. Parts painted his m4 would be considered a bright color.

9. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I remember it being bright.....but my memory isn't the best. And this isn't so that a cop won't shoot me....its so that my gun won't be confiscated just in case. But thanks guys I'm heading to home depot today.

10. Cyphre

Cyphre New Member

Los Angeles
    Makes me wonder, isn't tan a pretty bright color technically? However, it would really come down to the letter of the law, whether or not it states a specific selection of bright colors (listing red, yellow, blue, pink, etc), or has an addendum for 'any other bright color' that would allow for definite variations.

11. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I don't know the law just says brightly colored or clear. And I am not going clear. Don't worry guys I don't plan on doing anything stupid like playing in public. I just like to shoot in my backyard (private property) and lots of houses around me can hear/see. Some of these neighbors are very ignorant. One time my parents and I bought a fire pit, we set it up in the backyard and had a nice night by the fire. They then proceeded to call the cops and fire department because they thought our backyard was catching fire, creating a huge scene that just ended in a fireman explaining to her what a fire pit is.

Anyway I just want my gun to be considered legal just incase so theres no risk at all of my upgraded pride being confiscated :D.

12. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Pink would be my choice if I was forced to paint my gun. no one wants to get taken out by the pink gun. my local field had a rental pink G&G CM. I used to keep my VFC SCAR in the car and run with that all day. I had people looking directly at me and not notice it. I dont know why but colors dont really stand out as much in teh woods as people think unless they are glow in the dark. I was wearing a bright green shirt at a local event, i mean neon green bright, and i had people walk right past me or look right over me. the woods subdue any color you put out there somehow. Black stands out the most in the woods because there are no true black spots anywhere... I saw a guys black gun before i noticed his bright yellow shirt.