Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a super crappy complete gearbox that you wouldn't mind getting rid of for cheap? I just need it as a visual aid for a presentation I am working on for college.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the late reply. Plastic might work. Because I might need the gearbox to function. What have you got that is metal, if anything?

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
V2 or V3? I have a plastic V3 (from a Cebela's special) and several random metal V2s, but they're all empty. I do have a ton of random cheap parts from said shells and could probably throw a complete gearbox together.

What level of functionality are you looking for? Would it need to actually shoot consistently? If a V3 works would you need a motor cage?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No consistency is needed. Just to show how the box works and to cycle the gearbox a couple times. I have a cheap motor at home (long) that I can use. I just need whatever crap parts and metal gearbox you have got. Doesn't need to work well, just cycle.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Sooo,
V2 shell,
Full plastic (nylon?) piston,
Plastic cylinder head,
Plastic nozzle,
Aluminum piston head,
Cylinder,
Tappet plate w/ spring,
Gears w/ AR latch*,
Plastic spring guide,
M100 spring

Most of these parts would be a very cheap sorta off-white plastic, which I'm guessing is nylon. Am I missing anything?

*I could do plastic gears, but thats not accurate to an even low quality GB. Preference?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sooo,
V2 shell,
Full plastic (nylon?) piston,
Plastic cylinder head,
Plastic nozzle,
Aluminum piston head,
Cylinder,
Tappet plate w/ spring,
Gears w/ AR latch*,
Plastic spring guide,
M100 spring

Most of these parts would be a very cheap sorta off-white plastic, which I'm guessing is nylon. Am I missing anything?

*I could do plastic gears, but thats not accurate to an even low quality GB. Preference?
Nope that's about right.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If it's easier to ship for you then sure. But I have no problem putting it together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts