Looking for a lefty Sniper

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by SniperDude171, Oct 17, 2016.

1. SniperDude171

SniperDude171 Member

Cleveland
    Hi, I usually shoot right handed but an eye condition has left me having to use guns such as SMG's in which I can shoot right handed but use my left eye (looks funny) or just shooting lefty (I suck at it for now). Im not getting an m4 due to price and now everyone I know wants snipers

So I am looking for a spring sniper that is either ambidextrous or lefty. I am mostly concerned about the bolt being on the correct side. I cannot shoot a right handed sniper anymore period...

The gun MUST be
    Ambidextrous or lefty (obviously)
    400fps minimum (no limit)
    Upgrade able
    I would like a decent main brand
    Not a junker
    about $150 budget
    Range and accuracy is key

So far I like the Echo 1 ASR. Lefty, name brand, I can add a scope, super cheap price, good fps etc. Bipod is supposed to be crap but I wont use it anyways

I have heard that the accuracy is below par but I dont mind upgrading the barrel/hop up immediately since it is already so inexpensive.

I am not set on this gun so anything you recommend is highly appreciated

2. clinicallyproven

clinicallyproven Active Member

Los Angeles
    Well, I'd recommend you research any aftermarket for the Echo 1 and see what parts are compatible with, say a VSR-10 and which are proprietary. Its no good to say you'll upgrade something that doesn't have any upgrade parts. Sorry if that came off a little harsh.

3. SniperDude171

SniperDude171 Member

Cleveland
    I agree completely. One of the madbull barrels fit perfectly and is supposed to make the gun very accurate. Just some parts that hold the inner barrel parallel to the outer barrel seem to be a problem though

4. gone123

gone123 Member

Woah woah, upgrades and gun for 150$? Or just gun for 150$?

The Bauer has a left hand sniper kit I think as the person above mentioned.

And you're going to want a limit on your FPS. Fields won't let you play with 600-700 FPS, and that'll break your gun. Keep it at 500-550 maximum.

5. SniperDude171

SniperDude171 Member

Cleveland
    I dont play at a public field, just with friends in the woods. Id say 550 max anyways

The gun is roughly $120 and I can add in a barrel for another $30 and maybe just do some little mods for $10 or so. Or $150 for a gun that doesnt really need upgrades

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  6. SniperDude171

SniperDude171 Member

Cleveland