Looking for a STANAG DMR

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by A1R80RN3, Aug 26, 2012.

1. A1R80RN3

A1R80RN3 New Member

Pleasanton
    Hey guys, like the title says I'm looking for a DMR that uses standard STANAG (M4) Mags. I already have an a&k S-System m4 that I have set up as my DMR, but I'm looking for more of a rifle than a carbine. I've been looking at the M16 RIS models and the SR 25.

here's my specs:

Price Range ($200-$300)

Type of Gun You Want (AEG)

Preferred Gun Models (Rifle that uses M4 Mags)

I'd be using it as a Designated Marksman Rifle, which is a cross between a sniper and a rifleman. I want to be able to swap to close range if things get too hot.

This is what I'm currently using:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    JG SR-15. You realize that DMRs ate built, not bought right? The whole process can cost you a few hundred dollars. SR-25s don't use M4 mags.

3. A1R80RN3

A1R80RN3 New Member

Pleasanton
    Yeah, I'm definitely willing to customize it, and I have a pretty good idea of what I'm gonna be slapping onto it. But the SR15 is definitely on my list of competitors now, thanks!

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Customize =/= DMR. It takes internal upgrades.

5. A1R80RN3

A1R80RN3 New Member

Pleasanton
    My M4 has an upgraded Echo 1 motor with a downgraded spring and tightbore barrel and bearings instead of bushings. I plan on doing the same for whatever I decide to get for my real DMR

6. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    That is pretty much the oppsite of what a DMR would need. And since thatguy is a little lazy here what I think.

Keep the gun you have and do this.

Lonex high torque
    Shs full metal piston
    Lonex gearbox shell
    M150 spring
    Make it semi only
    Go back to bushings
    Metal spring guide
    Promy hop up bucking
    Promy tightbore. At lease looser than 6.03. No 6.01 barrels.
    Maybe a new RIS if you want a more of a DMR look
    JG 32:1 gearset

7. A1R80RN3

A1R80RN3 New Member

Pleasanton
    I had to downgrade the spring to get under 400 chrono for the place I play :/

8. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    What about if it is semi only.

9. A1R80RN3

A1R80RN3 New Member

Pleasanton
    The field is a semi Only. Its 400 fps and under with the regular swap-to-sidearm @ 25 feet

10. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    400 fps for snipers and DMR's?! Thats just plain dumb. You will definitely want to R-hop your gun since your fps won't be adding to.your range. It seems like you are using the term DMR a little too loosely. A gun with a scope and bipod slapped on is not a DMR. If it isn't hitting 220 feet at least then it ain't a DMR.

11. A1R80RN3

A1R80RN3 New Member

Pleasanton
    I realize that the M4 that I have is built up to be more of a CQB gun, because that's how I built it. Not till recently have I really tried to hang back and play marksman, but I like it much more

12. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    What field do you play at that has a 400 fps limit for DMR's?

13. A1R80RN3

A1R80RN3 New Member

Pleasanton
    CQB City in Stockton and Fort Ord in San Jose

14. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    You do not I repeat do not need a DMR for either of those fields. Both are heavily CQB oriented.

15. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Good thing I asked. Why would you need a DMR for cqb?

16. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    DMRs are generally used as counter snipers. I highly doubt CQB City will have snipers for you to counter...

17. A1R80RN3

A1R80RN3 New Member

Pleasanton
    it's would be for when I go to Fort Ord. I have a completely different loadout that I use on indoor and CQB fields. I've got a TAR-21 for that.

18. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    since you already have a Tavor, just switch springs for either indoor or outdoor max limits. it takes less than a minute to do. open the rear pad and unscrew the gearbox spring guide and you are ready to swap springs. if you need to disable full auto, just unscrew the selector switch rod block.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  19. W3aTh3rmAn

W3aTh3rmAn New Member

Look into the a&k spr mod0, i dont have any experience with it but it looks like youre pretty happy with a&k's it also uses the standard m4 mags.