Looking for a video camera

Discussion in 'Airsoft Images & Video' started by shlunka, Aug 6, 2012.

1. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    Been having games for quite some time now, wondering what would be a good video camera for a cameraman to use? The person filming would be wearing an orange vest, so the camera can be very bulky since they won't be in the game. Price range, $300-500, I can go up if necessary.

2. BBman1120

BBman1120 New Member

Get a GOPRO herd good thing about those.

3. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    *heard

For his price range you can get better than a GoPro....

I'm not a camera guy but I know that GoPros are made for like helmet cams and such, if he can use a more bulky camera, he could get a really good one.

4. BBman1120

BBman1120 New Member

Sorry auto correct, but he need to buy thing for it but yea your right you can get better than a GOPRO.

5. Ducky

Ducky New Member

I use a Panasonic SD600 to capture live games, it's a real beauty and the 1080/60p makes it real easy to work with slow motion footage (if that's your thing, but having the option is always good). There are newer models with some added features, but the 3MOS models are what you would want to look for in general.

If anything I'd add some coin and also get a decent stabilizer (ie. smaller models of Glidecam); the Panasonics have great stabilization in-camera, but there's no substitute for truly fluid motion.

Sample SD600 (live game), also has a few short GoPro shots in it:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXKSvIWz_EY[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    I am pretty sure the OP wants an actual video camera, not a helmet cam.

7. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    That's what I got...

He said the camera man will not be playing, so he will not have a gun occupying his hands.

8. Smoke4

Smoke4 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mdU8U7hYOk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Here is a video I made using a go pro hero. I believe this is the low end version of the go pro.

9. NOMAD666

NOMAD666 New Member

bikini bottom
    Sony dcr sx65 with a uv protector

10. Ducky

Ducky New Member

The GoPro has its uses, but it's really no substitute for a proper video camera.