Looking for advice in getting an M9 pistol

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Thundergy, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Thundergy

Thundergy New Member

Staten Island
    Cutting to chase, I want a GBB that resembles Beretta M9 most accuratly, but also doesn't suck in airsofting.

I have some choices to choose from and I need YOUR help!

Links listed in this order
    KSC or KWA or KJW or Socom Gear

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ksc-m9a1-rail-frame-full-metal-gbb-pistol-system-7-1.html

http://www.evike.com/products/29675

http://www.evike.com/products/30329

http://www.evike.com/products/32799

You dont have to read this but would be nice if you did:

I Personally think KSC is the best choice because its basically like KWA without the ugly KWA marking on the slide.
    Question: will parts from other companies fit the KSC m9 (TM, KWA, etc..)

KWA on the other hand is probably more trustworthy because they are the manufacturers of their own guns, and manufacture for KSC too.

KJW is cheaper then all of these guns, also by sources sounds reliable and many aftermarket parts fit it but it is glossy and doesnt have any cool beretta resembling marks.

Socom Gear has good reviews on evike but people say "its manufactured by WE which means its bad"....other than that, dont see any bad things about the gun.

SO please help me decide.

2. KingSofter101

KingSofter101 New Member

well, all those guns are great, except the ksc m9. I would recommend the kwa m9, for many reasons, including; its the most reliable, its definitely a better build, the warrantys are great, they rarely break, and almost out perform all of those. I personally use to own one. It was great! and never broke or anything, i never had problems. kjw is a good brand also but ive had them before break on me, also with ksc. oh and never get WE branded anything ever!

3. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    I'd go with the TM or WE M9. Both are very solid choices.

Socom Gear has some stuff OEM'ed by WE but they generally cut even more corners than WE does, I don't know anything about KSC but KJW I like quite a bit.

E/Also if you tell people to avoid WE, you better have a reason for it. They're very reasonably priced budget pistols with performance to match their price, which is very acceptable for a pistol. And their rifles are very nice.

4. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    My advice on a M9 is don't get a M9. Get a P226 instead. The back of the M9 slide is prone to breaking as shown at the end of this video.
    https://youtu.be/R4HVt8jWMB4?t=10m31s

That one was a WE, but the same problem likely can occur with any of them. It can even happen to the real one from extensive firing.
    The KWA/KSC on the other hand is fine until it needs work. Once repaired a KWA M9 for a customer, most difficult pistol I've ever worked on, and I still couldn't fix it.

The P226 has a similar grip to the M9 and its slide is less prone to breaking.

Also, WE is not exactly bad, but there are better options.

5. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    I had a WE M9 for quite some time, it worked just fine, but I can vouch for the difficulty of the KWA one. KJW/TM with a metal slide kit would be your best choice if you're dead set on an M9.

6. Thundergy

Thundergy New Member

Staten Island
    so i stumbled upon another WE m9 with same rear end exploding.

http://youtu.be/hAgtFCVkg5E

Guess i'm sticking to kwa...althought i dont understand why ksc is bad when kwa manufactures them

i really love the way m9 looks, don't find p226 attractive:(

7. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    Well, if you must get a m9, at least get the Tokyo Marui. I've seen more metal m9 slides break than plastic ones. It should cost about the same if not less than the KWA. The Marui also has a much better hop-up and cycles rounds faster. And as for KWA and KSC: Proprietary called, it wants it's gun back...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  8. Thundergy

Thundergy New Member

Staten Island
    I was going to get the stainless TM m9a1.....untill I found out it's plastic...and I just REFUSE!!!!! to give 170 dalla for plastic..no matter how good it is. The reason behind airsoft is to get the most realistic cold steel weapon to the original weapon as possible...If one is not looking for realism..only quality, then why not just go paint-balling?

but being the open minded person I am...how does TM feel in the hand. Is it like a typical plastic springer feel (but with more realistic, well balanced weight) or does it feel good or how can you describe..if you ever held one

9. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I really want to reach through my screen and slap 99% of you.

1. KWA does not manufacture KSC pistols. They are both owned by the same parent company, but KSC has better QC.
    2. Drop WE off the list. It's crap.
    3. KWA is way more expensive than what it's worth. KSC is the better bet of the 2.
    4. KSC will take KWA upgrades, but they're not worth it. It will not accept upgrades from other brands. They are proprietary to KWA/KSC.
    5. TM is good but plastic, so if metal is an absolute requirement then sorry.
    6. KJW is your best bet here. Dollar to dollar value to performance is the best of your options, it performs great and has worlds of upgrades out there for it.

Personally, I would go TM and put a metal kit on it, but if I'm on a budget I'll take a KJW and upgrade it over time even though it really doesn't need it. Out of the box it will outperform most other M9s on the market, including KWA.

10. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    I'll slap myself for you, but what's the harm in getting the WE and dropping 30 bucks of upgrades into it? You take care of their problems, and you come out with ten dollars extra as well as a pistol that performs better than others. Stock WE I guess doesn't really shine but it doesn't really underperform from it's price point either, IME.

11. Shady

Because you can buy a KJW for essentially the same price and it won't explode on you. With KJW right there at the same price range, there is literally no good reason to buy a WE.

12. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

Ah, I was comparing them to their retail prices. Out of curiosity, where would you obtain a KJW m9 for 80? Because I absolutely agree that KJW is superior, my Hi-Capa is a TM-KJW mix and it's godly.

13. Shady

Evike has them for around 115 I believe, can't check right now because it's blocked on my work computer, and there's nearly always a coupon code running that will take it way down. You might not get it for exactly 80, but you can definitely get it in that range.

14. dubyas1989

dubyas1989 New Member

saranac

maruis do NOT feel like a cheap springer, the plastic is very dense and the gun has good weight to it. it feels very high quality, kinda like a real steel glock lower frame/grip.

15. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

I can second this. I had a 5-7 and I have a Hi-Capa and they both feel great.

16. Thundergy

Thundergy New Member

Staten Island
    Thanks for the responses guys! A user by the name of Remoon101 has messaged me on this forum and he is selling his customized KWA here: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f162/wts-custom-kwa-m9a1-ns2-w-extras-also-m93r-magazines-113424/#post1458301

Can I trust this listing? Is it a safe buy, because I really like the way this gun looks, and if it performs that good too then I would really want to buy it. I never purchased anything like this used over forums so I don't really know how any of this works.

17. dubyas1989

dubyas1989 New Member

saranac
    i would say you can trust him, hes been around for a while and those that are sketchy or swindlers usually dont last around here, also the gun looks nice.