Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Good news; Lancers are easy to take apart, and there’s nothing special or complicated about the gearbox.

Bad news; the easiest way to get better trig response is with a better battery, and I wouldn’t just throw one in a stock Lancer. I feel like there’s a decent chance the gearbox just says “Sayonara!” And leaves you with a mess of broken parts.

Look up airsoft trigger response either on this forum, or on google, and get into the research. Once you think you know what you want and how you might do it, come and tell us and we can help you from there.

For example; how good of trigger response are you wanting? In terms of full auto speed (easy way to measure basic trig response), do you want 20 RPS? 30? 40? 115?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
What specific model do you have? Is it completely stock or has anything changed? What battery are you using? Any idea what the current RPS or response time?

brillarmory.com airsoftgi.com evike.com

From easy to hard, cheap to expensive
battery>motor>gearset (and tuning)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some of the parts I want to use to upgrade after watching some youtube videos about it. ASG boost 30k motor,
SHS 13:1 gears
Rocket Airsoft 8mm bearings
Rocket airsoft piston head
Rocket airsoft piston 14 teeth blue
Perun Hybrid V2 mosfet
Maxx trigger style E.

Those are what I want to do so far any other suggestions? I know I should probably shim the gearbox, should i do that before or after those upgrades?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Shim when installing the new gearset :)

13s and a 30k should net you around 28rps - pretty toasty for such basic upgrades.

Don't need new bearings unless the current ones are bad - depending on OEM your stock ones may be better quality

Get a Lonex POM Piston head or any POM/polymer PH really - you don't want an aluminum one as it'll hurt RPS + increase risk of gearbox failure.

Look up gluing the rack for that piston

Perun Hybrid is a good choice.

Maxx trigger is (y)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know what I have RPS wise right now but I'm going for 40rps I may go higher later but that is what I want it now. I have the LT-19b gen2 I use the battery that came stock the 9.4 nunchuck. Right now the trigger response is pretty crappy, I would want the trigger response fast but not speedsoft fast

·
Registered
352 Posts
Perun Hybrid; absolutely yes.

Maxx trigger; you’re getting something cool and mildly functional. Your stock trigger can do the same thing, but I like the Maxx nonetheless.

I’d go bushings on your first build. Less to break, easier to install properly. (Lancer uses plastic bushings :sick:)

Your piston looks fine. Go with a POM head for the speed you want.

About the motor; the one ASG 30K I have runs fast. As in, way off spec fast. On 13:1 gears and an M130 spring (460 FPS), I get 35 RPS.

If you’re going for 40, I’d read up on AOE correction, shimming, shortstroking, piston lightening, and all the other lovely DIY mods you’ll need to avoid catastrophic failure. :)

I suggest sticking to 30 RPS or under on your first build for better chance of success and not wrecking parts! One casual mistake can ruin your gearbox.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Google is your best friend for learning what basic items and terms are all about.

This forum is your best friend for talking to and learning from people who have actually done the things you’ve just read about, and explaining what’s really a good idea and what’s propaganda/misinformation.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
40rps with a SSG (single sector gear such as 18:1, 13:1, etc) is doable but not on the first attempt. walk before you run kinda thing.

POM is a material, type of plastic. Getting a metal piston head seems to make sense because it's stronger, but it's also heavier - and the heavier your piston the harder it is for the motor to move which means the lower your RPS is going to be. POM is plenty strong enough.

AOE is 'angle of engagement', refers to the angle of the first tooth on the sector gear when it contacts the rack or 'teeth' on the piston. If the angle is not straight-on, the piston will be pushed upwards slightly as it's pulled back which hurts RPS and increases wear/stress.

Lancer uses plastic bushings
Gen1 did anyway, OP is lucky in that this one has 8mm (metal) bushings

·
Registered
727 Posts
I've gotten 38rps with 12:1s (SS 5), ASG 30k boost, 8mm bearings, and an m120 on a crap matrix 1000mah 11.1v stick lipo. 40 rps is definitely doable, but as others have suggested, starting with 30 rps is a better start.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts