Looking for first weapon and upgrade advice.

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by tasgal, Oct 28, 2012.

1. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    Hi all and thanks for reading my post.
    First off I hope everyone on the East Coast survives Hurricane Sandy.

Little bit about myself, I am a mature player (43) I am prior LE. I use to be a big paintball player back in the day (23 yrs ago). Life managed to get in the way as it always does and now I find myself longing to be in the woods shooting people. So airsoft to me seems to be the best way to go.

I just got a used G&G Pm5 A4 (yeah 4 yr old MP5). It is stock and shoots well.
    What upgrades should I look for? This will be mainly CQB and back up weapon so to speak.

I am looking for a sniper rifle. I am looking for something stock so I can at least use it while I upgrade it. I may buy some upgrades when I buy it. From everything I have read it seems to me that a JG Bar10 is the way to go, cheap and everything is upgradeable. I am looking for $100-$140 for the rifle and will slowly upgrade it over time. Am I on the right path? I was also looking at a TSD Sd97 for a little more $, other rifle include Matrix MB 10 / 12 or SVD.

IF I am on the right track could someone please let me know what upgrades I should do first? Maybe barrel upgrade first then spring etc., and what manufactures I should go with.

I will be playing on several different fields so the ability to increase and decrease the FPS easily will be important. Fields range from 400-600 FPS, how easy is it to change FPS.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

The JG BAR-10 is wonderful for a beginning player going in to sniping, or even a professional with money for upgrades. The first thing you want to do if you get one is to clean out all the silicone, it smells really bad. This also improves accuracy. You probably then want to go with a tightbore 6.02 since you're a sniper. I honestly don't know what you could do besides that,(I'm cqb, not a sniper)but the many helpful people on the forums could give you some more insight.

3. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

First, I would like to say thank you for hoping I survive:)

For the MP5, it depends on what you want from it(High RoF, Range, etc)

For the rifle, the JG BAR-10 is a great choice, though you have other options if youd like them. The UTG MK96 is also good and easily upgraded. Both can give you the same performance. In either you will most likely(I know more about the UTG) upgrade pretty much everything. If you want it a its highest potential performance, Laylax and PDI are the way to go. It'll be pricey, but it'll be a deadly weapon.

4. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Thank you, Sandy is starting to get progressively worse up here. Well back on to your topic, here are some things for your mp5.
    -A good shim job
    -AOE correct
    -MOSFET
    -Wire to deans
    -Better wiring
    -New motor ( Maybe a lonyex A1, A2 or A3 )
    -New gears ( SHS 13:1 gears are nice )
    -DIY mods

I'm sure there is stuff I missed there, I'm not very savvy with tech work.

Now on to your problem with the sniper rifle. The JG BAR-10 is your best bet. It is very cheap and highly upgradeable. You will want to upgrade it before you take it on the field though. I would not run It stock because it WILL be outshot by the AEGs.

Now on to the upgrades for the BAR-10. Well first thing first, the spring is the very last thing you want to upgrade. You will maybe want to start with the barrel and hop up. You will probably want a prommy 6.03 mm barrel. If that is to expensive, get a Madbull 6.03mm barrel. You will probably want to R-hop the barrel too, which will increase range.

Now with the main internals. The brands that you should try to buy from are; PDI, Lonyex, and hs5 armory ( This brand is custom parts i believe?). Here are some of the things you will want to upgrade.

-Trigger mech
    -Trigger box? ( I'm not sure if this counts as part of the trigger mech )
    -Sears? ( I'm also not sure if this counts as part of the trigger mech )
    -Cylinder
    -Cylinder head
    -DIY mods

I have extended this part to the best of my knowledge, I'm pretty sure there are more parts to upgrade. I'm sorry I could not help more.