looking for non-ak recommendations

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Castscythe, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Castscythe

Castscythe New Member

So, i have been playing with friends for awhile, and have just recently started going to one of my local cqb locations. Up until now i have been using a pretty nice military model thompson ( i am unsure of the brand, but it has been performing very well. It chronos at about 360fps, is made out if metal, "simulated wood" plastic, and what i believe is a v2 gearbox, i can provide other info for those interested) which i have been happy with. However, i would like to get a new aeg that preferably will be under 400 fps, have a top and bottom rail, and hopefully be easy to work on. I would like to use this gun to learn how to work on aeg's, and i am planning on tweaking it as necessary. So, basically i am completely open to any suggestion that is under around 250 usd that i could learn to work on aeg's with, use for cqb and maybe some field/outdoor play. I am open to any style other than the ak ( tbh, i would be fine using one+ i just have not found one i have liked enough to buy). I am sorry if i am posting an extremely long boring and open ended post, so i would be happy to further specify what i am looking for and some examples i have found on some online stores. I will update this post once i get to a desktop i can use to organize a few ideas. Thanks for your time, patience, and suggestions :)

2. Jacgren

Jacgren Member

Katonah
    I'd say any JG M4 or G36 model would be good, but most of them do shoot around the 400 FPS range. You could probably get a G&P M4 on Evike for about $250 as well. There's a lot of options out there.

3. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

Do you already have a smart charger?

4. Castscythe

Castscythe New Member

after looking at the jg options, im very interested in the m4 s-system VII ( http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=36987 ). are there any internal parts i should think about replacing sooner rather than later?

i do :D, so i should be set.

ok, so looking at the jg m4-s, there does not appear to be a sling mount at the beginning of the buffer tube to mount a 1 point sling. is there a specific ring style that i need to buy to mount one, or would something like this work = http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_110&products_id=38915 ?